IGNORED

"Rare" carbs ?/ Rebuilding

tibZ

Hi Folks, I am almost to the point where I can focus my attention to my carburetors. Been doing some surfing around this and the ZTherapy site because I'm leaning towards rebuilding them myself with Ztherapy's kit/video.

I haven't seen any downside to doing busness with them but I haven't talked to them yet either. On their website they mention the "rare" 3 screw carbs with a float bowl drain plug". I think this is what I have although the PO told me they came from a 72. (he also told me there was no rust :))

Can anyone clarify this for me? What do I have here and are there any issues rebuilding these?

Thanks Mike

post-3831-1415080619517_thumb.jpg

What do you mean underwater? Isn't that what everyone's engine looks like???

Fortunatly it looks worse than it actually is. I have since taken it apart and blasted and painted and clearcoated everything. so it looks much better now and I'm hoping the clearcoat will protect everything from our salt air erosion problem here in Gloucester.

Thanks Bruce, I will be in touch soon.

Mike

The timing of this contact is pretty funny as I was watching a program this past weekend about the Gloucester fishing industry over the years.

yeah, It's a real big problem, fishing got so efficent they almost wiped out the stocks. Now we have the govt. setting fish quota's, we're toast.

I was going to comment, as I began to read this thread, what Arne pointed out. 4 screws / no float bowl drain plug. I'm thinking I have collected four sets and I'll be in touch with Mr. Palmer.

Getting back to the fish-of-the-point, a tune-up kit should bring marked results. These carbs can be fun to rebuild. They are not difficult and IMHO, ZTherapy has the best deal going.

Bruce,

His picture is exactly what my engine looked like when I started rebuilding my car. It's a "heavy salt in the long cold winter" thing... Which is why my car stays parked indoors all winter unless there is a really heavy rain followed by a warm spell. (Like last week.)

But you were just kidding I am sure.

It's OK. Bruce and Arne answered my question, I thought I might of had an early version carb setup, I guess not. How's the economic climate in Denmark these days?

Hmmm. have been better, but not as bad as in the states, actually it's kind of a farce, the stock marked, house sale marked and the banks are hit, but PPL have the excact same money now as they had a year or two ago, the food prices and gas has gone down and the intrest haven't gone that much up, still PPL have been scared by the news and are holding on to there money, i think it's just a matter of time before they realize it and start spending.

Chris