IGNORED

Fiberglass bonnets being made

Adzmax

Just curious if anyone has weighed a stock s30 hood. Mine seems incredibly light....25-30lb I'd guess. Now the hatch...that's heavy.

Stock hoods weigh approx. 38-40 lbs. Stock hatches (w the glass) weighs 47 lbs and w/out the glass iirc around 30-35 lbs.

I also make the stock fiberglass hatches, as well as the pantera hatch.

• 3 months later...

What's the go boys, is this happening???

I've decided to go the carbon route for most of my car and if we can't sort this out in Oz I'm just going to get doors,bonnet, guards and boot from Restored.

I'd much prefer to get them made in australia but I have already purchased bumpers, trim and font spoiler from restored and I'm worried about the carbon not matching up.

I'm happy for the trim bumpers to be a different look carbon but if I purchase one of the panels they will all have to look the same, thus I will be out of any future group buys.

So I suppose what I'm saying is that within 6 months I will be purchasing guards and bonnet and if we can't sort out something in Aust I'll have to go to Restored.

For the record Alfa don't do the polished carbon look so they are not an option for me.

I'm happy to buy two sets of guards and bonnets and put a set on ebay if it helps things out. If we can sort it out in Australia within my required time frame I'll won't bother getting the boot and doors, just the bonnet and guards.

I have no good panels to use so that must be left up to other people.

Let me know what the go is.

Cheers guys

honestly, i don't think anything is likely to happen in time :(

I am on the verge of giving up, sticking with original, and saving all the CF/FG goodies for the 240Z (which at least are obtainable in Australia), atleast for the 240Z i do actually need replacement parts.