IGNORED

Fiberglass bonnets being made

Adzmax

Hey all, as discussed I'm looking to get a buy organised for some fiberglass bonnets rather than getting them from www.restored.jp. We need a minimum of 6 bonnets to avoid the $1500 setup cost. They can also do carbon etc if you wish but I'd need to get costing on that at a later stage.

Costing is approx $560 per hinged bonnet.

Interstate shipping may be possible as the website says they ship Aus wide so I'm sure they can sort that out. I can give them your details and pass on the information for costing but I'm not interested in organising freight myself sorry as I'm a busy man :)

http://www.motorsportfibreglass.com.au/products.php

So..who's in? I will not be going ahead with this buy untill we have a minimum of 6 bonnets and deposits are paid :)

I reckon they could do gaurds too! Might speak to them about that also.

List -

Adz - 2 Bonnets

I'm up for a set of carbon guards and and bonnet pending prices.

If the carbon is too expensive for me I might just be after the guards as mine are well stuffed.

I would need to get the carbon guards made GT-R style though and slightly different at the end due to the chassis rails I have in the vert. If they couldn't do the GT-R higher wheel arch cut out for the flared guards they would be useless to me. . . unless carbon can be cut cleanly and easily? has anyone cut any carbon fiber before?

where are u guys and how long will it take.... i could take the ones off mine that are ok-ish id i knew i wouldnt get assed over and it wouldnt take too long.....

and glass guards would be fie by me....

anyone thinkig doors and boot lids too?

and yeah u can cut fibreglass quite easily with a fine saw or cutting wheel, dremmil, die grinder... etc.... then just light file/sand to smoothen and paint or seal :)

Edited by soopakarr

and yeah u can cut fibreglass quite easily with a fine saw or cutting wheel, dremmil, die grinder... etc.... then just light file/sand to smoothen and paint or seal :)

I know Fibreglass can be cut easily, I've had plenty of the stuff on my arms itching away. I'm interested in weather carbon fiber can be cut easily or will it splinter.

actually, i have 2 guards that would be great for moulds, i can by a brand new one i think passanger side, but i dont have the $400 the guy wants, how long do you think they would need the guards, coz i was hoping to have the car there off on the road in april

Ps im in melbourne too, narre warren north to be precise

Maybe we should get this guy some moulds of front splitter, spoilers, grills as Phil is absolutley hopeless. I have been waiting since last march for my stuff and I ring him monthly to no success, I am out of straws. If Kent or someone has some stuff we can make moulds off it should be a serious consideration as I believe this guy would take our orders and custom much much seriously than PHil does.

i am afraid i am still waiting for my parts from phil too :( i sent my replacements off to brian in the states (my originals were destroyed in the moulding process).

i do have a set of flares and a bobtail.. but not a grill or front lip :(

but i agree.. if we can get a set off phil.. maybe have this lot create a mould (run the group buy from them for numbers)..