IGNORED

Asspiring enthusiast says:Hey whats up!

jwerner2

Ok so as long as I can remember I loved the style of Z cars in general of almost any year up to about 80 I guess.

Im currently shopping around for one and decided to join the forum for some info.

Questions: What should I look for when purchasing?

What model Z and year are the best? I really like the earlier years solid looks best myself.

What are the differences in the 240's and 260's?

Currently I have a 2000 Lincoln LS modded with what little we have readily available like 19x8.5 ADR M-Sports in hyper silver. Custom made Intake kit and Magnaflow exhaust. I also have a custom made up adjustable coil-over kit coming to try to drop it lower than whats available with the three brands of lowering springs for our car. Other than that its simple stuff not worth mentioning.

We also have a daily driver 2004 Toyota Highlander.

Im more into a VIP style and plan on going sporty with the Z when I purchase it along with either adding fender flares or a ton of pull to widen its stance and get a very aggressive fitment with wheels.

Well I dont think I could have left out much but Im sure I'll have more questions to come.

Now Im off to use the search function!:P

Thanks. Im guna stick around here and read, read, read. I have been reading some on HybridZ but Im gunna hold off on joining till I actually get the car. I have a few in my sight now pretty cheap with minor body damage which "given my intent";) dont bother me.

I really like Z cars and if I can eventually I'll get one for restoration as well.

My reason for wanting to mod one now is that you can find one cheaper and easier with some damage to the parts modders/tuners or what ever you wanna call them/us/me.. usually end up replacing with aftermarket anyway.

Edited by jwerner2

Thats a shame!

All that stuff and in my range but I live In the US, PA to be more exactLOL

But, wow do I wish I could cruise up and grab that thing. I always loved Work wheels and plan on a set myself (VS-XX) when I pick up my Datsun.

Convert that price to around $4100.u.s.,sounds even better. I hired a local guy in Ont. to pick up a 260z in Pittsburgh ,12 hour round trip, processed customs etc.,for $ 800. A quote from an auto transport company was close to $2000.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are going to modify look for a good 260z they are a lot cheaper to get than even a 280z. Also they are nearly identical to the 73 240z and easy to convert to the early bumpers, and many other parts to look just like a 240Z.

The 240z are more rare and the most expensive, the 69-71 are the best years for racing because they are a little lighter from the factory, but not by much. 72 into 73 is the best driving year of the 240z they eliminated the drive shaft vibrations, and made the ride smoother with some very mild changes to the suspension. Cons of the 240z the carburetors stay in tune with each other for about 1-2 weeks and need constant adjustment; 69-71 series I had exhaust inhalation problems, fixed in 71 series II, and need much more maintenance compared to the 280z.

the 73 240z may have the dreaded boat anchor carbs (flattops) that the 260Z have. The 260z is the slowest do to emissions being changed, and are looked down on. I'll tell you why in a minute why you might want one.

The 280Z is a good daily driver with fuel injection, easier to find parts for when I lived in Denver I saw them in almost every junk yard.

Now the fun thing about the 240-280z is that most of the engine parts can swap between the years. So you can take a E-31 head (early 240zs) and bore it out for the 280z valves, put the 280 fuel injection on. Body parts are a different story 280 parts don't transfer well to 240s and some 260s. However 240 and 260 transfer well in fact my 240 has a 260 door.

I'd also like to know your location in PA I live just outside of philly.

Hey! I just remember seeing a 280z for sale about a month a go near Vineland NJ I'll be down that way do you want me to get the info? It was green and looked good along the road.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys.

Well thanks for the tips. Im stil looking even thought its been so long since I have been on. I have been doing more researching of the cars also within the time. I had a few troubles at home with a fire and al and I am now relocated to Lewes Delaware.

Sorry I didnt respond to any of your posts earlier LOL.

If anyone has anymore leads let me know. I posted in the wanted forums as well.