IGNORED

1970 fsm

texasz

Anyone know where I can find a printed '70 FSM? I know that there was a website a few years ago selling them (reprints) though I have been unable to find that site again nor anyone else selling these...have not even seen one on eBay in a long time.

• 5 months later...
Anyone know where I can find a printed '70 FSM? I know that there was a website a few years ago selling them (reprints) though I have been unable to find that site again nor anyone else selling these...have not even seen one on eBay in a long time.

Which volumes of the 1970 factory service manuals are you referring to, Chassis and Body, Engine, both ?

I bought a reprint for my 73 on eBay and use it in the garage when working on the Z. I consider it my "dirty" copy. The original does not get used in the garage in an effort to keep it clean. It should be noted that the photographs in the reprint (at least the copy I got) are overexposed and it's impossible to see any detail on them, however the diagrams are fine. When I need to look at one of the photos I break out the original. I actually got a partial refund of the purchase price from the seller on the reprint because of this issue. I felt that this was a fair deal and appreciated the seller's willness to work with me on this.

Here's a few pictures of various manuals printed in the 70 - 71 range. In the beginning, service manuals were printed in different volumes, engine and chassis, in Japan and supplimental volumes printed in California. By 1971 all the volumes had been combined. Early original service manuals had a pebble textured paper cover and later versions, including the reprints, have a smooth glossy cover.

post-4148-14150807416864_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150807417245_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150807417413_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150807417602_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150807417751_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150807417878_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150807418001_thumb.jpg

Which volumes of the 1970 factory service manuals are you referring to, Chassis and Body, Engine, both ?

Both, or combined. See statement below.

Here's a few pictures of various manuals printed in the 70 - 71 range. In the beginning, service manuals were printed in different volumes, engine and chassis, in Japan and supplimental volumes printed in California. By 1971 all the volumes had been combined. Early original service manuals had a pebble textured paper cover and later versions, including the reprints, have a smooth glossy cover.

I'm completely fine wtih, in fact I'd prefer, the last one in the series of pix posted...the orange glossy coverer 1971 FSM. I know that this was a more recent reprint and likely to be more readily available and affordable than originals. I'll leave the originals for someone who wants to collect them, I need a FSM to use (read: it will get dirty).

Banzai does not seem to have the 1970 FSM available and they are charging a pretty penny for what they do have. These later reprints were going for $75 or less, I just have not seen one recently...of course, now that I'm looking for one...when I wasn't they were everywhere. :cry::stupid: