IGNORED

F.A.R. Performance, Mountain View, CA

JohnnyO

I saw Kirk Allegro this last weekend at Floyd Link's 80th Birthday. John Morton and John Knepp were there as well, all BRE guys. Kirk went on to FAR but I have not really discussed that with him. I will ask him about it next time I talk to him. These days Kirk is involved in comercial real estate and has not raced in many years. I believe that Kirk was sponsored by FAR performance at one point with his roadster. Today Les Cannaday owns Kirk's roadster and it is being restored back into it's former racing glory.

If you are interested in this piece of racing history I would suggest looking at Rob Beddington's Datsun website, or contact Les Cannaday at 760-940-6365.

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/701FAR.htm

Ron

Edited by ron carter

Ron, Thanks for the great info. I have been through the datsun.org website and actually first found the info about F.A.R on that site.

I am interested in the racing history and appreciate your help although I probably won't bother Les until I need new seat covers (if he still has some)

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
One of my favorite books, "how to modify Datsun 510 610 240Z engines & chassis" mentions F.A.R. Performance several times. There is an article titled "Bolt On Power For Z Cars" where Dolf van Kesteren of F.A.R. Performance explains how to wring an additional 40 HP from a stock Z. This is in Jan/73. Pretty cool connection to have associated with your car.

Ron,

I found a copy of "how to modify Datsun 510 610 240z engines and chassis" on craigslist along with a 73 FSM for $20.00! I gave the guy an extra $10.00 to ship it book rate and he jumped all over it. Very interesting reading. Will come in handy when I get my daily driver Z that I can tweak for performance.

In the meantime, I will be selling the 73 FSM on ebay for $30.00 and will get the Datsun book for free.

Thanks for the tip.

John

I even still have some of their decals.

I have the engine out of the car right now. I will be pulling the valve cover soon for blasting and will check the cam. Thanks for the great info!

How would a guy go about getting one of those FAR decals? ;)

John

I'm having some waterslide decals made right now for another project. All I had to provide was a scan of the originals in order for them to be made. Pretty cheap to replicate when you have several done.

Do you just go to a vinyl cutter with the scan?

Normally you would need to clean up the scan prior to printing it. I have a guy that does decals for my race cars, and he has been able to reproduce just about everything I need for my race cars.

He would be a good option for doing your decal.

Normally you would need to clean up the scan prior to printing it. I have a guy that does decals for my race cars, and he has been able to reproduce just about everything I need for my race cars.

He would be a good option for doing your decal.

Do you have a name and number or a link?

John

Rouse Sign

333 Olive Ave

Vista, CA , 92083-4963

Phone: 760-726-2070

FAX: 760-726-2175

Products Description:

Manufactures paint process displays; computer hardware development services Engineering and Research and Technology Based Services

Let Mark know I referred you.

Ron

How would a guy go about getting one of those FAR decals? ;)

I dug out my "How to Modify Datsun 510 610 240Z Engines and Chassis" book that I had the original F.A.R. decals in. You are lucky in that I had an odd number of them and will mail you one.:cheeky: