IGNORED

Rear sway bars on a '72 240Z?

alhbln

According to this thread, I have the supports for the transverse link that support the BRE type sway bar (see photo in earlier post by RTaylor). Does anyone know where I can get a rear sway bar and brackets to take advantage of this?

Also, I am wanting to put an R200 in my '72 240. You are supposed to have the curved transverse link (maybe wrong term) to do this but mine is already curved as I have the newer transmission (i.e. not the early '70/'71). Is the one from the 280 even more curved or is mine fine? Again, see the photo above posted by RTaylor.

John, I am speaking from my own experience. I had originally drilled through the rails and uses long bolts with a small plate. I could not even torque to spec without the rail deforming slightly. I did not "torque to 100-ft/lbs", I followed the FSM for the torque specs.

This can easily be solved by using a sleeve between the two plates. This is SOP any time you're bolting through a frame rail like this. Works like a charm.

The 240 is balance well with out the rear bar, the springs did the job if you put a rear bar I do recomend to put a bigger front bar, and yes many times the frame separates because is spot weld, any body shop or even a mufler shop will reinforce that section. I had two 240 that they separate at the mounts , easy to fix. But the car needs to be balance with front and rear bars and if you want to get technical springs and struts. ask the people here what a joy is to derive a well balance car