IGNORED

Rear sway bars on a '72 240Z?

alhbln

Let me me draw a little finer line on the date the rear sway bar became standard equipment, just to make it clear for the guys with a '74. It was the '74.5 model that it became standard in the US & Canada and also changed shape. prior to this they were available from the parts counter at the dealer or from aftermarket suppliers. To avoid fitment problems for your '72, be sure to use one shaped like the one shown in this pic.

Let me me draw a little finer line on the date the rear sway bar became standard equipment, just to make it clear for the guys with a '74. It was the '74.5 model that it became standard in the US & Canada and also changed shape. prior to this they were available from the parts counter at the dealer or from aftermarket suppliers. To avoid fitment problems for your '72, be sure to use one shaped like the one shown in this pic.

Strange, my '73 came with a factory rear swaybar. Brackets are spot welded to the frame rails in front of the swingarms. I guess it was owner installed by a PO.

Strange, my '73 came with a factory rear swaybar. Brackets are spot welded to the frame rails in front of the swingarms. I guess it was owner installed by a PO.

I don't have any first hand knowledge but I remember it being discussed before where cars were shipped with the brackets welded on, but no bar installed. Maybe someone will know more about that.

I should have added an 'AFAIK' to my post. I always forget about that 74.5 model which was basically a 280Z with an L26 instead of an L28E.

That's interesting. My 71 now has a BRE setup. It looks completely different than the bars above.

I guess I could have been more specific also. Aftermarket bars are another story and were designed for use with your car Randy. I was pointing out the Nissan styled stock and performance catalog bars which are shaped like the ones shown in my pics and illustration.