IGNORED

What Other Z/Datsun would/do you own and why?

hls30.com

What other Datsun/Nissan do/would you own and why?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. What other Datsun/Nissan do/would you own and why?

A '92 240SX coupe. A fantastic car. Simple, reliable, efficient, effective. No automatic driving "aids" to get in the way. It's got 230,000 miles and I'm starting to have a hard time keeping the rust monster at bay. I drive it all salty winter long and my gravel road peppers the underside constantly. When it dies I'll probably buy another from out west. There's nothing new that can replace it.

Steve

I too love the 240SX. I had an '89 about 7 years ago. It was a rusty car with a ton of miles, but it was a fantastic handling car. It's too bad that the drift crowd has pretty much ruined every stock 240SX. I do like the SR20 DET that the drifters use in place of the stock boat anchor, but otherwise, they ruin great daily drivers.

A 510 wagon..... That's one that I have been sorry that I let get away. It was a '71 with about 150K when it went. I installed an aftermarket cruise control as a demo for units that I sold in the parts store; a real Rube Goldberg device, but it actually worked! That car was a joy.

Besides from my 72 240Z, I have an 82 280zx. This is a great car as it is still the basics of the orginal z, but has the great comfort features, T-Top, A/C, power steering, electric windows, etc. I use this everyday to drive to work and is a great daily driver. The 240Z is fun, but is not what I would want to drive to work everyday, especially with no A/C and wearing a suit to work

Over the years I've owned the following Datsun/Nissans:

4 or 5 Datsun 510's - all 2 doors (they were disposible - they rusted away)...

a 74 Datsun 710 2 door cpe - 1st new car I ever owned (rusted away in '84)

72 240z, 76 280Z, 83 280ZXT 2+2 (family Zed) - I still have all 3

...In 97 we bought a 95 Maxima GXE that we traded for a 98 Maxima SE 5spd (in 00) that was sold for a

2001 Pathfinder SE (in 03) which was traded in 05 for a 2001 Odessy Van (still have)

and finally...

2000 Altima SE 5spd (our current DD) - 236,000kms +

If I win the lottery I've promised my wife a G35 sedan 6 spd (white)....

and a bigger garage for the Zeds...:D

GWGarrard

The other Nissan product I own is a 1996 2 wheel drive pickup truck - it's the third Datsun / Nissan truck I've owned since 1975. Plus the '71 240-Z as my username indicates. Previously, I owned a 1973 240-Z in about 1985, but only for about a year. Other Nissans that followed were a '89 240SX coupe and a '91, '92 and '94 Sentra Se-r. ( The '91 was a low mileage internet purchase out of Minnesota that needed rust repair. Fixed the rusty rockers, sold it and bought the '92 out of Arizona - no rust issues there! Sold the '92 to purchase the '94 out of Santa Clara - with only 28,000 miles on it in 2002! I fully concur with others who have cited the 1st gen. Se-r's on their owned or wish to own list...they're a ton of fun for the money!)

For what I'd like to own, I checked the "Other" box for another SR20DE powered car I'd enjoy, an NX 2000. I also checked the roadster box, as a well sorted 1600 or 2000 seems like it would be a lot of fun. And a low mileage original condition S30 would awfully tempting, either the '69 to '73 variety or a '78 Black Pearl.

Gary S.

I fully concur with others who have cited the 1st gen. Se-r's on their owned or wish to own list...they're a ton of fun for the money!)

For what I'd like to own, I checked the "Other" box for another SR20DE powered car I'd enjoy, an NX 2000.

It's too bad that the 1st gen Sentra SE-Rs were throw-away cars. You just can't find good ones for sale anymore. People don't have the respect for them like they do for Z cars. When Sentras start getting old, they are cast off and quickly turn into beaters.

The NX2000s get no love at all. They are Nissan's "Pacer". LOL

I had one of those...well it was a NX1600. It was my DD for about three years. Great MPG and fun to drive.

15e723q.jpg

My wife drove a Senta at the time though not a SE-R. The SE-R you speak of would actually be a 3rd generation Sentra. There were no SE-R's in the first and second generation. The blue Celica in the background was mine also.

33e30nt.jpg

Edited by sblake01