IGNORED

Eibach psrings arrived, WAY SHORTER than stock?????

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but i got some questions...I am about to buy a suspension for my 240 and i want to know will the Eibach PR springs have the same stance on the 240z as the 260 in the above post? That is the stance i am going for...

I am currantly debating on the Tokico suspension or the Eibach PR springs...what would you guys recommend...

I personally love it, though there are others who prefer the Tokicos. Unfortunately for you, everyone has their own "Preferred" product. I love KYB's and Eibachs, hands down.

They react (tight in the corners) when I want them too and are nice and smooth on the freeway. Most will tell you not to use KYB's with Lowering springs but I've yet to find out why, as mine still work awesome.

Dave

I'm quite pleased with my KYBs, but I'm also one of those guys Dave mentioned who warn against KYBs with lowering springs, for two reasons. One is that KYB themselves state that GR-2 shocks and strut inserts should not be used with lowering springs. On a more personal note, I myself have done just that on a previous (non-Datsun) car, and the struts were toast after about 6 months due to either damage from bottoming (I don't think so), or being overworked and over heated as they tried to control spring rates and travel that they weren't designed for. Granted, that was many years ago, when GR-2s were fairly new on the market. And your results may vary (as Dave has found). But I think I'd go with Tokicos or Konis if I were lowering my Z.

Just my thoughts...