IGNORED

New here not too new to Zs but it has been a while.

Thanks for the kind words. Most of the work was done at the body shop. One of their employees used to work for Rad Rides by Troy. So the fabrication is excellent, not cheap but the work is really, really good. The color is Chrome yellow from Ford and the car was originally tennis ball yellow. I know it should be painted back that color but I could not do it, I just do not like the color well enough. The green in the pix is either Datsun primer or our primer. I should have it out of the trailer in a couple of days (other money making projects in the way right now) and get some more pix then. Lots of work yet to go. Look for lots of stupid questions in the near future. Cheers Richard.

• 1 month later...

Well after getting some other projects done I got to back to the Z some.

Here are some pix of where I am now.

Spent quite a bit of time over the holidays putting POR 15 on all the suspension pieces and suspension mounts. New struts, new springs, new ball joints etc. I forgot how long it takes to put all that stuff back together.

Kind of big day (Sunday the 4th) I/we (wife helped a little) made the car roll for the first time in about 2 years. I have new brake lines and fuel lines that I will install this week. The main reason I put the suspension on is so I could put it on the lift. It will be much easier to get all the fuel and brake lines on while on the lift. Will do all the brakes while on the lift also, new booster and MC plus all the lines, calipers, pads shoes, drums etc are all here I just have to find them.

The engine is due back next week, transmission is here already as is the differential. I plan to do the half shafts and drive shafts this week if I have time. I hope to have the HVAC stuff installed by the end of the month. My plan is to have the tub ready to go back to the painter in March, hopefully running and driving so they can do the rest of the panel paint and install.

I guess that is all I have to report for now. Cheers Richard.

Rear suspension.

IMGP0009-1.jpg

More rear suspension

IMGP0008-2.jpg

Tunnel from Engine bay.

IMGP0007-1.jpg

Left rear with strut and wheel on.

IMGP0006-2.jpg

Front frame POR 15 and strut on.

IMGP0005-2.jpg

Front suspension.

IMGP0004-3.jpg

Engine bay, pretty empty.

IMGP0003-1.jpg

Passenger side front end.

IMGP0002-3.jpg

Finally a side shot of the car.

IMGP0001-4.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well time goes by and things get busy, the shop has had other projects that pay so the Z has been sitting but I finally had some time to get some other things done.

In the previous pix the goal was a roller, harder than it sounds when it was nothing but parts.

In the following it was time to get more parts on the car. Mostly all the brakes are on all the lines are run and the today the motor and transmission went in with the help of one of my guys. He took time out of his Sunday to give me a hand. He also rebuilt the motor and the automatic transmission.

I may be in the running for the slowest redo ever.

I am sending the dash back to have the redo redone as they put no holes in it and did not realize the upper hole in the dash has nothing in it and it looks like crap the way they did it. Once it comes back I hope to get it running this fall. I may hot wire it and then get it back to the body shop and do the rest of the wiring and interior when they are done.

I have to say this site has been very valuable in helping out when I need a question answered. VERY VERY helpful. For those who think all the questions get old and all the answer been said, keep doing and saying the rest of us are reading. Enjoy the pix, cheers Richard.

Engine on hoist still with transmission behind it.

IMGP0001-6.jpg

Engine almost in, strapping the trans to hold it in place.

I am the old guy with the gray hair. I am only 45 (god I remember when I thought that was almsot dead) the other guy with no gray is Jeff and he is almost as old but does not look it.

IMGP0003-3.jpg

Engine in the hole. We did not scratch anything which is amazing.

IMGP0005-5.jpg

Engine in hoist off.

IMGP0007-2.jpg

More pix:

Sorry for the fuzzy pix my wife is great but a lowsy photographer.

Stuck the carbs on to store them.

IMGP0012-1.jpg

From driver side:

IMGP0013-1.jpg

From Pass side:

IMGP0015-1.jpg

The polished cover is one I bought years ago. I have the 2400 OHC cover for it which will go on so this one is just for now. Seems a waste to remove such a nice part to put on one that is stock silver.

IMGP0017-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and be easy on me with the greif about time.

I still have to clean up all the line clamps and put them on but I will work on that and the rest of the engine hardware soon. Enjoy, cheers Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is awesome! My favorite color, too (Mustang, VW, or code 51 Corvette yellow will do). Too bad you are halfway across the country, my '70 #06289 is still pretty good, but could use a floorboard, a dogleg, and some paint. On the other hand, I could always bring it out on the trailer behind the Pathfinder for a good quality job...

Rick (of Kathy & Rick from Central CT)