IGNORED

New here not too new to Zs but it has been a while.

Hi, my name is Richard and I have Z problem.

9070 is my 4th Z and by far the cleanest. I am a car guy and make my living on/with them. We have been involved with the kit car industry and the Mustang 5.0 crowd for about the last 10 years. Before all of that I did the Rustang thing for years and then went to Z cars, bought my first in 84 and had 2 others in between that one and this one. Well life got in the way and the 9070 went into storage for about 15 years. I dug it out two years ago and as time and money have permitted got some stuff done. Pulled the numbers matching motor and trans and have the trans done already motor should be done in a week or so. All the suspension is off and almost ready to go back on. POR 15 on the entire underside of the tub and fresh paint on the rest of it. Waiting on the final funds to paint the doors, hatch, hood and fenders. Planning on an almost complete restoration, with better AC system and suspenion and wheels/tires. Nothing radical just a nice driveable Z.

I am not advertising so if the link needs to be deleted do so. my site is www.northracecars.com people can see what we do there, nothing to sell Z car guys so I hope not to offend.

This ooks like a good place to hang out. I am a member of a couple of other boards and help moderate one and this place looks as good as any of them. Thanks in advance for the help I know I am going to get. Richard.

All together now... Hiiiiiiiiiiii Richard. Yes, we all share your addiction and unfortunately, our little support group will do little to help you get over yours.

Even though your car is only partially finished, we still need pictures. It doesn't matter wether they are from 15 years ago, or from recently with everything taken apart. It's all part of the therapy for us.

Welcome aboard.

Ok Here goes my attempt at posting pix. Any pix I have from when I bought the car are long gone. So I will start with a about 2 years ago.

Underside after I pulled it apart

Originalunderside.jpg

Front frame after the car wash

Torndowntub.jpg

Empty engine bay before anything.

enginecompartmentearly.jpg

Floor, the reason I bought the car was the condition of the floors and frame.

originalfloor.jpg

More pix.

Going onto the frame table. It was hit in the front and the shock towers were tweaked about .25 inches. Easy fix, only money.

FlyingZ.jpg

The naked truth, there is no such thing as a rust free Z. Dry ice revealed the rust.

Floorrust.jpg

The only other rust on the car was the dog leg on both sides. The shop made new panels and they are so well installed that no one can tell, we saved the seam and all the original spot weld locations.

Dogleg.jpg

Passenger and driver floor after repair. The panels were made not bought!

FixedPSfloor.jpg

FixedDrfloor.jpg

Detail of dog leg repair, getting all the rust required some small rocker work. None of this is visible now.

Passengerdogleg.jpg

After rust repair and before priming.

IMGP0489.jpg

The bottom was blasted and we POR 15 the entire underside. I know it is not original but I will dipped if I ever have a problem again. POR 15 is amazing. We did all the welding and repair first as POR 15 is a NON weldable process.

IMGP0493.jpg

IMGP0490.jpg

Epoxy primer.

IMGP0002-1.jpg

Final primer.

IMGP0003.jpg

As of last week.

IMGP0004-2.jpg

That is all for now. Richard.

Excellent photos, very nice work on your Z Richard! Glad to see another "Yellow Z-Car Club" member! Mine was also originally lime, and is now PPG Base Yellow. As Jeff said, keep posting progress pics! Love to see a nice Z coming together! :)