IGNORED

buying flares, grill etc

minimafia

Final cost to my door was

21720JPY or $386.60NZD but after the Bank Transaction fee's it was closer to $395.20NZD ($311.90AUD)

So, only $30AUD more than the amount Challenge is after for theirs and yet they've come all the way from Japan. Considering I'd have to pay to get stuff sent from AU to NZ anyway, I think I've done pretty well.

Flares themselves were bought on auction for 12000JPY ($213.60NZD) the rest is commission for the buyer (Ewan @ Hayatonka.com) and internal Japanese freight as well as International freight to New Zealand.

Fairly reasonable given the time span (2 weeks from first contact to them arriving)

You can read more about it here if you like;

http://blog.retro-classics.co.nz/?p=1114 ;)

These are slightly damaged but nothing dramatic and could go for a fairly cheap price given their starting bid;

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/122733419

If I didn't just get the ones I have I'd definitely be trying to get those through Ewan.

Mine Mine Mine

What to I have to do to get them?

Who is the Ewan of which you speak? LOL

50% of the total estimate which includes freight to where you are and then the final 50% after he's got the flares at his place ready to send to you.

He's a great guy and a car enthusiast as well so knows and understands the fun/drama in finding parts.

• 1 month later...

Guys.. got some good news for you all.. i finally may have gotten my hands on an original GT-R grill.. :D

as soon as i get it in my hot little hands we can organise to have a mould taken from it by the guys at Alfa Motorsport fibreglass (hopefully for the last time!).. then finally we will have a reliable supplier

Edited by khughes

Guys.. got some good news for you all.. i finally may have gotten my hands on an original GT-R grill.. :D

as soon as i get it in my hot little hands we can organise to have a mould taken from it by the guys at Alfa Motorsport fibreglass (hopefully for the last time!).. then finally we will have a reliable supplier

Awesome stuff man. I've been spending up a bit on YAJ recently. Grille isn't really a large priority for me. I think a rear spoiler is my next purchase on there to be honest. As usual though, other things in the way that require the money.

Have you still got flares etc. to send to AM to get moulds for them too? or does someone else have some? A reliable supplier will go down very well after everyone's encountered the joy of Challenge Fibreglass, I guess the Challenge part is getting them to do something LOL

How's your whole project coming along anyway, Kent?