Arne

What's in YOUR garage?

Let's see, right now there are

72 510 wagon

2 72 240Zs

73 510 2 door

74 260 turbo

95 300 twin (neighbor's)

oh and a totaled 05 GTO (neighbor's parts car-LS2 with a 6 speed)

in the carport is a 68 2000 and an 82 280ZX turbo- both for sale

in the driveway we have the daily driver's 01 Frontier crew cab and 05 Quest

and there are a couple of parts cars hiding out back!

Jim

Unless your garage is quite large, that's really not an accurate answer to the question. The ones in the first and last pics in my signature are in mine.

Edited by sblake01

My DD is an '89 Toyota 4x4 pickup and next to it is my wife's '97 Toyota 4Runner. Then of course, there is my Z.

"Unless your garage is quite large, that's really not an accurate answer to the question"

It's 25' x 50' There are 7 cars in there right now, but if there was a hurricane I can fit 9.

Jim

"Unless your garage is quite large, that's really not an accurate answer to the question"

It's 25' x 50' There are 7 cars in there right now, but if there was a hurricane I can fit 9.

Jim

Ooooo.....so envious....25 x 50...seven cars....doh!

I need a wider lot.

Unless your garage is quite large, that's really not an accurate answer to the question. The ones in the first and last pics in my signature are in mine.

Jim

2pyu7vq.jpg2pyu7vq.jpg2pyu7vq.jpg

Did you get a second Z Arne, or is that just some photoshop work?

-Mike

Neither. Jim (a7dz) came down from Tacoma and spent the night here prior to us doing the Mary's Peak Fun Run with the Datsuns NW group. More pictures here.

DSC_0489.jpg

What is in my garage?

* My 71 240Z (My summer time toy.)

* 5 bicycles (including one tandem that I can't get anyone to ride with me...)

* My 67 Wheel Horse tractor with a snow plow. (My winter time toy...)

All 5 of our other cars sleep outside. (Including the 08 Mustang GT... You have to have priorities in life...)

In the garage:

'71 240Z - Red

'77 280Z - Primer Gray

'87 300ZX - Silver

'08 Honda Foreman ATV

'08 John Deere LA 165 Lawn Tractor

3 bikes (2 Gary Fisher mountain bikes, 1 old school Miele road racing bike)

More golf and hockey equipment than any single person should own...

A whole lot of horse feed

Outside the garage (but could be moved in in a pinch):

'01 Chev Tahoe

'02 Toyota Sequoia

Edited by bigoak

In the garage.

2006 Yamaha R1 (black)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad cab 4x4 (red)

1972 Datsun 240Z (orange)

...and a bunch of tools and boxes.

1963 Supercharged Studebaker Avanti R2

1970 Porsche 914-6

Plus assorted spare parts, fenders, tools, and other automotive residue.

• Like 1

I have my two snow blowers and the 280 in temporay quarters till I get the 240's suspension installed (waiting for parts). Here it is.

post-9729-14150804626752_thumb.jpg

Currently I'm working on building a second garage. The primary garage barely fits the Z with all of the equipment I have. Just one 71 240Z in my garage when there is a storm approaching. It's safer to keep the Z out of the garage otherwise.

For tools..

12x36 lathe

9" 1928 Southbend lathe

Milling machine

TIG, MIG, Oxyfuel Equipment

Plasma Cutter

5hp and 7hp compressors

Bead blast cabinet

Pressure pot sandblaster

Digital Storage Oscilloscope

Engine hoist

The list goes on...

The garage is mainly for the construction of a 1/2 scale F4U Corsair. (Experimental)

I've been "cheating" on my Z by loving on the plane for some time now. I think the Z knows somethings up. :)

Jim

1 x Rostisorie with a 240z on it

1 x Paper Tiger 14" plywood catamaran in primer

1 x pissed off wife (not in garage)

The Z's been kicked out the garage and has to spend the winter in the tractor, Uh, I mean Z shed with the '73 Deere 1530 and the Deere 111 lawn tractor. I promised the wife a kitchen remodel and I need the space in the garage to bring out the woodworking tools and room to build the cabinets.

Steve

post-14809-1415080462763_thumb.jpg

For tools..

12x36 lathe

9" 1928 Southbend lathe

Milling machine

Plasma Cutter

5hp and 7hp compressors

Bead blast cabinet

Pressure pot sandblaster

Engine hoist

The list goes on...

The garage is mainly for the construction of a 1/2 scale F4U Corsair. (Experimental)

Jim

Hi Jim... buddy.. old friend... exactly where in Florida do you liveROFL

Carl B.

Hi Jim... buddy.. old friend... exactly where in Florida do you liveROFL

Carl B.

Mt Dora ;)Just a little North of you. Around the corner from me there's a guy named Jake that has his Z friends come over and "play" in his shop. They have everything I don't have but hope to have someday.

Cya,

Jim

Currently I'm working on building a second garage. The primary garage barely fits the Z with all of the equipment I have. Just one 71 240Z in my garage when there is a storm approaching. It's safer to keep the Z out of the garage otherwise.

For tools..

12x36 lathe

9" 1928 Southbend lathe

Milling machine

Plasma Cutter

5hp and 7hp compressors

Bead blast cabinet

Pressure pot sandblaster

Engine hoist

The list goes on...

I've been "cheating" on my Z by loving on the plane for some time now. I think the Z knows somethings up. :)

Jim

Hi Jim, good buddy! What a nice list of gear you have! :bunny: Although my Z still holds my rapt attention, to be closely followed by my (newly planned) winter project of transplanting a turbocharged LD28 into another 240Z shell, I'm actually most intrigued by the Corsair. That aircraft, the P-51 and the Supermarine Spitfire all share my appreciation equally! What is it "they" say, "beauty follows function"? Flying has always been one of the loves of my life, which unfortunately I've been unable to pursue due to time constraints. It's not something I want to do without a significant commitment of effort and practice. Flying as well as sailing, which is almost flying rotated by 90 degrees- that I still have enough time for, as I started to accumulate those useful skills at a very early age- unlike flying, welding or using a metal lathe.

Welding and and proper use of the metal lathe are two of the primary mechanical skills that remain on my wish list to be minored (as opposed to being mastered, as I wouldn't be so presumptuous to think that's possible without beginning at a much earlier time in life- not that I'm an old dog. Arf. ROFL) Or is that a demonstration of "rolling over"? :D I'd like to be much better with the brake, plasma cutter and milling machine too.

Edited by Poindexter

Oh golly, where do I begin? Lets start with the "bat cave", the little 12X38 foot addition Grandpa built for his Airstreams. It houses the 68 Roadster, 9 tons of red rock (indiginous to this area and can not get wet without falling apart) quarried in 1890 and used for foundation stone. Someday it will be used in an indoor fireplace. An 8 horse 120 gallon air compressor, some metal shelving and garden tools, weed eater and chain saw, a non working big screen, (big brother's), and a bathroom.

The main part of the garage (26X38) has in it now my 73Z, and #110, a John Deere 111H, 3-3ft by 8 ft work tables, 3 work benches, a huge amount of garage sale stuff that needs to go somewhere, all kinds of spare Z parts including a driver's fender, 2 doors a hood and a hatch, a 4 speed tranny with drive shaft, a spare head with valve cover, chrome headers, a spook, 4 totes full of small Z stuff, more metal shelving racks, a huge assortment of tools, hand and garden, and other things I haven't seen in years. If all is placed just right I can get the 96 Saturn SC2 in there in case of hail. In the yard I have a pear tree without a partrige.

Bonzi Lon

• Like 1