1970's original Key Blank(oval top) - Page 6 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1970's original Key Blank(oval top)

Featured Replies

I guess you couldn't see me smirking/smiling when I typed that, but, I wasn't serious about the Mr thing... I always hate being called Mr... but, at almost 40, I should probably get used to it. HA! :D

Anyway, I had no idea Nissan never released a DATSUN key? Is that true? I never had an original key for my '71 since the PO had lost it somewhere. Is there a write-up somewhere showing the correct keys for the various years the Zcars were produced?

m

Nor could you see the devilment in my eyes as I posted my reply!:P

well, all but the key part...

Will

Anyway, I had no idea Nissan never released a DATSUN key? Is that true? I never had an original key for my '71 since the PO had lost it somewhere. Is there a write-up somewhere showing the correct keys for the various years the Zcars were produced?
Yeah, right here on this site. Go to the thread linked below and scroll down about halfway for all the pictures.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20530&highlight=original+keys&page=3

Mike,

There is this neat tool the owner of this site gave all of us....called "search".....:love:

It is a good thing that having my tongue in my cheek(and not one of the two I am sitting on) doesn't affect my typing!ROFL

Z content....Nissan never released a "Datsun" key for the Z(no reference to it in any parts book-78), but I have seen a dealer issued key that did have the Datsun Logo on it-matching their License tag frame, dealer tag, and dealer emblem.

I'll hunt for a picture-it was all a collection of dealership tie-ins

Will

Edited by hls30.com

5 Datsun/Nissan 240z 260z 280z Un-Cut Key Blanks RARE

Item number: 280262252676

Reserve: $500

I figured myself on buying a set (2 keys) for like $75 personally....

If you get that price, I was wrong, and definately more power to you!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Says the guy is out of Corvallis. Funny that's where Scoville Nissan is located... I wonder if one of Jack's employee's is selling some old stock. Corvallis is about 10 minutes from my house. I'll give Jeff a call and see if he knows someone selling these keys. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.