1970's original Key Blank(oval top) - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1970's original Key Blank(oval top)

Featured Replies

lets pretend like i found this and this exact key was sitting on my desk in front of me.

What is it worth?

attachment.php?attachmentid=11349&d=1141519464

I don't know about pretend, but in the real world if one was sold at auction we would find out what it is worth to the winning bidder...or if you were to offer one up for a rediculously low price and I snapped it up right away, we wouldn't know anything, but I'd be happy!:classic:

they were going for around $50 a couple years ago, but the last one i seen on ebay sold for just over $100.

Sounds like a good candidate for a repro part! Once you make the die, they would be very cheap to make.

I have a locksmith friend who is re-keying my locks so one key works on all. I was watching him do his thing and he says he might have a very old box of blanks. We looked o an old shelf and there was what looked to be a pretty old box that said Datsun on it. I was pretty excited to see if there would be any of these keys in it...but alas, it was only generic blanks.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

A set of 7 or so just sold for about $60 on ebay-I midded the auction, or the pice would have been higher-quite possibly significantly! and a die would have been made-it still will be, just not as soon.

Will

Those are left hand groove keys, I need right hand groove. Would love to find a source for a couple, or repros.

  • Author

well i do have a couple of these sitting around just an fyi

They'd work for my 810 but I've got the original keys for it with the number on them. That's one thing you don't get with blanks.

surfsnake2..A few days ago you posted the following thread:

I want an original key blank

Does anyone know where I can find an original key blank for 260z 1974

I am looking for one that looks like this

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/a...7&d=1169705379

And can anyone tell me why the key blanks said Nissan on them? I dont know that bit of history.

If these cant be found does anyone know if key blanks can be custom made?

Thanks

Now fast foward to this thread where you first pose a hypothetical and then inform us that you indeed have what appears to be what you were looking for in your first thread. What gives? Did you have the original blank when you posted the first thread and if not, how were you able to get one so quickly?

  • Author

i bought them from a dealer who found them in the back but they were kind of expensive so i wasnt sure if it was worth getting them at the time or not

If you bought them from a Nissan dealer they shouldn't have been any more expensive than any other key blank they sell. No more than $8 at the most. .

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.