IGNORED

Production Photos, Sketches. Illustrations etc.

geezer

Ron,

I was searching the internet yesterday and came across this photo of two women in what appears to be a Datsun dealership waiting area. It was dated 1966. They are sitting in front of a large poster that shows the production process for a sedan and I thought you might be interested in that.

Also, notice the brochure on the left side of the bench, the Datsun plastic bags at their fee with the phrase "100,000 mile Datsun Smile" and the glimpse of the mechanic in the service bay on the right. The lady in the mink looks a little high end for what I would have thought a Datsun owner would look like in 1966.

-Mike

post-9102-14150803996765_thumb.jpg

Good find Mike! The woman wearing the fur reminds me of my mother in 1966. She doesn't look out of place in a Datsun dealership to me. Even though, women in 1966 were very frugal, well off or not. They made a great deal of the major purchase decisions, including cars back then. "Cute" probably factored in moreso than other model specific information. That doesn't look to be the Service Garage area of the dealership, if it is indeed a dealership. It looks to be a young fella looking under the hood.

The assembly poster is interesting and appears to be depicting the body drop, where the bodies merge with and drop onto the engine assemblies, before continuing on the flat line.

That doesn't look to be the Service Garage area of the dealership, if it is indeed a dealership. It looks to be a young fella looking under the hood.

You're right Ron. I guess I didn't look closely enough before and just assumed the open hood meant it was being serviced. :stupid:

-Mike

You're right Ron. I guess I didn't look closely enough before and just assumed the open hood meant it was being serviced. :stupid:

-Mike

It looks like all we can see of Dad is a substantial beer gut. Makes sense; make a wise money saving car purchase = more beer!

This picture reminds me of a New Car Show of the day, with the plastic sample bags and brochures, but you would have seen the same at a dealership. It just looks like a high traffic area because of the debris on the floor and the trash filled ashtray.