Am. Racing Magnesiums, anyone? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Am. Racing Magnesiums, anyone?

Featured Replies

$400...if they're in any kind of usable shape, what a steal...

I would assume...or it was a fraudulent post...almost too good to be true...

  • Author

I'm not surprised, I didn't figure they'd last long.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yep, I got them and he then removed the listing. I am going to pick them up tomorrow.

-Mike

  • Author

Good score, Mike. Any plans for them?

Good score, Mike. Any plans for them?

I'll have to see after I get them. I am hoping they are still in good shape and not deeply pitted or anything. I know they will require alot more upkeep than aluminum wheels, but I like the look so much I couldn't pass them up and they are definately not a wheel you see every day.

-Mike

Here's a post with Carl's take on maintaining magnesium wheels. I think he covered it all.

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=234975&postcount=7

Yeah, I took a look at that post before I called the guy. They sound like they are in good shape, but I won't know for sure until I see them tomorrow. I'll post some pics after I get them.

-Mike

When you get them - post some pictures. Since the original ad is gone - I didn't see it. So I don't know what shape they are in. If the rims are not pitted too badly - you can have a good machine shop turn them down. You want to aviod allowing stress cracks from forming out of corrosion spots.

Exactly what "AM-wheels" are they? I'm going to be very upset if it was a set of LeMans wheels.. -VBG- I've been looking for one more 14x7.5 or even 14.7.... for a couple years now...

Carl B.

  • Author
Exactly what "AM-wheels" are they? I'm going to be very upset if it was a set of LeMans wheels.. -VBG- I've been looking for one more 14x7.5 or even 14.7.... for a couple years now...
Sorry, Carl. They were LeMans. Not sure whether they were 7 or 7.5". Description said the guy had them to put on a roadster, so they were probably 7". Picture looked fairly good, but you know how pictures can be...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.