What colour to paint Calipers - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What colour to paint Calipers

Featured Replies

If you were going to paint the calipers on a 280Z, what color would you pick? I lean towards Silver, red, or black. I will probably paint the drums to match too.

thxZ

depends on what you are going for, red is classic color for brakes, I did my 300ZX and 350Z in red but I am not sure how a red drum will look in the back

black will look nice but wont stand out as much as red but I think it is a better choice for the drum

Silver I think is a nice compromise between the two, they will stick out some and the drum wont look too obvious as it would with red

I did the 300Z and 350Z with powdercoating, it looks great and it is tougher than paint

I say stick with the stock flat black. Or you can use the special color I have on my car - "32 years of brake dust and road dirt."

  • Author

My goal isn't to make the calipers stand out, but to protect the surface from oxidation and allow them to be cleaned more easily. Raw aluminum will shed heat better than dirty or oxidized aluminum.

My goal isn't to make the calipers stand out, but to protect the surface from oxidation and allow them to be cleaned more easily. Raw aluminum will shed heat better than dirty or oxidized aluminum.

well then black

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Drums look horrible in bright colors. Looks too ricey IMO.

I say go black or steel color. Like magnesium.

I agree, I like red if painting calipers and you have the right wheel to go along with the look, drums in red look horrible IMHO. I vote stick with black or silver.

Here is my friend's 70 with polished drums . Looks very nice zipping down the freeway . I'm thinking along the same lines for my libre's 0n my 71 .

talk to later

Chris

post-15588-14150803741177_thumb.jpg

+1 Will's suggestion - clean and clearcoat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.