IGNORED

Successful skin graft (roof skin, that is)

Arne

Thanks, Ron. I am SO glad I had it done as the entire panel. Seeing the pictures after seeing the end result and hearing the plan has firmed it all up. Done this way, it should be just as good as when it was new. I'm very pleased with the results.

Awe...look at the poor sunroof in the corner with his buddy the unwanted tailgate. How sad.....LOL

Ha Ha! There's quite a few people who wouldn't consider giving up their sunroofs. Hey there Adam, where have you been? I was getting worried.:D

Looks great Arne. No offense to those that have and like them, but I really hate sunroofed Z cars. I love sunroofs in other cars, but I have passed up many Zs due to the ugly hole in the head.

Has anyone sold aluminum wheels for scrap? With the price of AL, they should be worth quite a bit. You might consider that rather than letting them go with the shell. I have a few sets that aren't good enough to bother selling. I haven't tried to sell them for scrap yet.

• 3 months later...

Nothing at all. Drove it to dinner this evening. Installed the headliner a few weeks ago. Haven't seen any signs at all of a potential problem.

Don't expect any at this point, either.

Looked at now from a distance of several months, having the roof skinned just prior to the re-paint was probably the best thing I could have done to this car. Money well spent.

Edited by Arne

Glad to hear it all worked out. How long did you wait between primer and paint?
Not long. I took it to the painter about a week after getting it back. The details of that are in this thread:

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30588

I'm guessing the 260 and 280 Z roofs will work on my 72Z if I am unable to find a 240z roof.
Yeah, all S30 coupes (not 2+2s) have the same roof skin.