Shift Boot retention... - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Shift Boot retention...

Featured Replies

'70 Z.

The FSM is silent on this subject.

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to keep the boot skirt tucked in to the console?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Frank

There are 6 or 8 metal clips that hold the shift boot to the bottom of the console. You have to remove the console to mount the shift boot properly. The bottom of the boot folds over the edges of the shifter opening on the console and is held in place with the metal clips.

-Mike

Black Dragon shows them as "clip-outer shift boot", $3.95 each. My 73 has seven, the catalog says 8 are needed.

Bonzi Lon

My car has all 8 as described. Here's a picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=17261&d=1174185674

I have about 50 of them and they are $1.00 each plus $5./shipping

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

This may be kinda cheesy, but I just used the small size binder clips and then cut the wire "handles" off the binder clips. I think I paid 2 bucks for like 100 of them at Target... They seem to be holding just fine.

Marc

  • Author

Thanks for the info, fellas. I used Marc P's suggestion. Those binder clips cost $2.09 at Office Max.

Best,

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.