IGNORED

$30,000 Datsun 240z's....Get yours before it's too late

mally002

I am 32 and I remember Z cars well in the early 80's I used to see 240's 260's and 280's on the road all the time. My dad has been a mechanic for the last 31 years, so he was always test driving some cool car like 944's 911's Z's etc. When I was in high school I always wanted a 90-96 300zx twin turbo. They had to be one of the best looking Z's ever. I learned to drive on a 74 Datsun 610 wagon. How many of those have you seen lately?

Conedodger,

California has always had the cream of the classic car crop. There are companies there that specialize in Z cars only which is great. Unfortunately, those kinds of places are not as prolific in the deep south ie GA, SC AL etc. Atlanta has a few good Z car places to choose from. My 73 240 is an org California car. I have some recepits from So Cal Z where the PO had it serviced. The car has virtually no rust to speak of.

I learned to drive on a 74 Datsun 610 wagon. How many of those have you seen lately?

That's funny - I taught several young people to drive stick shift cars when I was selling Datsun's 71/73... usually started them out in a 1200, then moved them up to the 510. Only took an hour or so - and I sold more Datsun's that way!

I have a 72 510 Station Wagon - it has 302,000 miles on it's original engine. Still runs like a top and is a blast to drive. Usually draws a crowd whereever I park it.. Pretty rare to see one here in Florida. The 610 wagon's were actually even better... but the "personality" of the 510 simply can't be beat.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hi Carl,

My Dad drove the 610 daily from 1981 to about 1998. My little brother and I both learned to drive on the 610. My brother drove it for about three years during most of his college. When my dad sold the 610 in 2001, it had 235K on the frame. He rebuilt the motor at 176K because it was starting to use a quart and a half between changes. He had a weber downdraft carb on it so it ran like a champ. As far as I know, the car is still a daily driver. Like you, I think they are great cars.

From another source:

Generation X defies definition

by Jennifer Jochim, Outpost Contributor

Generation X can technically be defined as the generation following the Baby Boomers. Xers were born between 1965 and 1980, 1961 and 1981, 1964 and 1979, 1963 and 1979, 1965 and 1975 or since the mid-1960s, depending on which source you use. For practical purposes we will say that Generation X was born between 1965 and 1980, now ranging in age from 17-32 and usually judged by characteristics assigned to them by the media.

When did she write that, my youngest brother was born in 1965 and he is 43 -- that's a little past her age 17 to 32 range. I've always heard Gen X started after 1964 -- making myself 1961 and my middle brother 1963 toward the end of the boomer generation. Now aren't we in Gen Y and what about Gen Z? That would be more appropriate to the forum perhaps.ROFL