IGNORED

Best car cover for an early Z?

BRE-240Z

Beandip is correct but I would go even further. Check with your painter to see how long you should let that paint cure before covering it, washing it, polishing etc... I waited 3 weeks.

I actually use a 2 Porsche 911 covers. One is soft and more of a dust cover, the other is weatherproof. I put the weatherproof one over the softer one.

You could always go with the brand new BRE car cover which is a perfect and a very fair price $160 I think and has the cool BRE racing logo as well. I am buying them for all the cutomer cars in the shop and highly recommend them to friends. I do not get any kick backs for endorsing the Covers but we did bug the hell out of Peter to see about bring back a similar cover that they sold many years ago.

Just my 2Cents

Les

I don't own one of the BRE car covers, but I think they're pretty cool...I like the historical connection and the novelty.

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=carcover_240z&Category_Code=car_covers

Gary S.

Well, as soon as I posted this I see Les beat me by several minutes. Oh well, there's the link anyway.

Edited by 7T1240
Seemingly redundant post explanation

I have three Z car covers, the flannel and technalon from MSA and the one from BRE. In fact, that is one of my cars under the BRE cover on their site, so I guess I can claim ser #00001 ;). The BRE cover seems to be more water repellent than the technalon, and is much lighter, so I prefer it for exterior use. The BRE cover doesn't have a separate pocket for the exterior mirror, but I don't find that to be a problem. The flannel is nice and soft, but is for indoor only use.

-Mike

Edited by Mike B

I bought a Covercraft Evolution (Technalon) cover for my car which was stored outside under a carport that took sun and rain on one side for a couple years and it's still going strong. It does tend to leak some dust through over time but only if you let it accumulate to excess. If you keep it clean (rinse it off in place) and shake it out from time to time this should not be a problem, and it sheds water very nicely. I think I paid $170 for it online with a bag and cable. It came with 2 mirror pockets sans a hole for the antenna. I beleive it even came with a 4 year warranty.

I have a Covercraft NOAH (Kimberly Clark fabric) four layers with inside fleece custom fit for a 72 one side mirror pocket. It fits very sharp. It is the improved technology from the Evolution 3 I bought for my Corvette ten years ago. I paid $152.00 including shipping two months ago.

I have a Covercraft NOAH (Kimberly Clark fabric) four layers with inside fleece custom fit for a 72 one side mirror pocket. It fits very sharp.

Hi richard1:

Can you post a picture of the NOAH on your Z? Is it as much a "custom" fit as the original BRE Covers?

thanks,

Carl B.

post-3609-1415080854811_thumb.jpg

deeper to cover the lower body lines and tight fit on the fender edges, hood flowing lines, slanted back window and covering tightly the front and rear valence panels.

The fabric is a lot thicker from what I see from your pictures and just available in light Grey color.

It has outstanding water repellent properties and UV protection when I drive my car to the office from time to time. Otherwise, always garaged with the cover on.

I can send you pictures if you want to post them

Furthermore.....fit is tight with no problem in windy condition.

• 2 weeks later...