IGNORED

240Z " the long way to new again"

• 1 month later...

Bart heres to you Man.

from what I see here you do some good work and in a place where Z parts are Unobtainum to the max.

Here in Cali I don't have to worry if I find a rusted pannel or floor ,, I have 6 Zs in my yard and could get a few more in a day if I just had 500Dollars.

you keep working on it and you will have it done and have somthing to really be proud of.

Signed :Bart

• 3 years later...

I'll bump this up. This was my first Z, and a good learner to! When I look back some welding and reconstruction was amazing, but it went wrong with the floors area... I didn't know quite well what I was doing at that time. I cut things to fast, without looking how it was factory. Well it was a good learner :)

Hi Bart:

Good to see you return - I take it that you could not access your original user name / account? That showed "Bart Hoedemaker" joining in 2008 with 181 Posts? Nonetheless this was a great project to watch..

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks Carl,

Yes I could not acces it, but I decided it was better to start with a new name, the name of my company.

I had fun working on it, but consider it now more as a learner :) . You can see my second Z in the show your ride area..

I'm happy I did not give up on wanting a Z :)

Hey there Bart. I just read through your thread, and am absolutely amazed at your determination on trying to fix that rusty Zed.

Most people would not have attempted it because of so much rust.

Edited by olzed

• 4 months later...

Thanks :) I'm glad I didn't give up on the Z car, I love my current " Fairlady " !

I had a break for a while, since all the things that happened with my gf from Thailand, and the time I have been there. But got things back on the rails for me personally, and started my own company, and in time.. I got the money to buy me a better Z !