Sign in to follow this  
Bart Hoedemaker

240Z " the long way to new again"

Agreed. Very impressive. Perhaps enough to motivate me to crawl under mine tomorrow to scrape some more of that evil tar undercoating off.

I stil have to go back to the owner which it came from to get more parts, that still are there...

He had some photo's of the restoration the previous owner did on her, see if i can get them.

New update on Sunday! ROFL

I'm currently working on the underside of the car. The endless fight against the tar and rust is finally seeing the end. I hope to finish the body in 2 or 3 months, and flip her over and start working on the panels. Also need a new front window. Somebody can help me with that?

Some pictures of the front, which welded-in entire new pieces of frame rails.

nieuw9bq4.jpg

nieuw11lm2.jpg

* What not on this body ..... :dead: Everything on the car needs to be grinded etc..but that will be later..first MIG weld everything in.

I killed 2 cutting machines in the meanwhile :ninja:

Some other places...

nieuw10pf3.jpg

nieuw6fy5.jpg

And some of the front..and more more more :nervous:

nieuw7un7.jpg

Somebody knows what supossed to be here?

nieuw3ng4.jpg

Amazing work as always! The good part is you can be confident the car is extremely solid once you are done!

Yeah it will be solid. It's always nice to read the comments! It's a hell of a work.

Somebody knows what's missing or rusted away @ the last picture of the first part of the update... something is rusted away and cant find it in the book. It's where the tube is for filling the gastank.

Thnx Bart.

Wile I was working on the back section, I didn't trust the corner, outside felt "solid" but once cutted open...jep bloody RUST!!!

I think this body has rust everywhere, it' not normal, but i won't give up.

Anyway here are some more pictures of work that's done, with reconstruction of dogleg ( I believe that's how it's called )

79970884cv7.jpg

33856846aq6.jpg

19442328jd3.jpg

35393221dx3.jpg

19245652fa1.jpg

83259593sm8.jpg

75711101vn6.jpg

58193334da9.jpg

37696551ft2.jpg

10px9.jpg

Yeah.. I don't want to but there are things that are more important to me now. My girlfriend for instance who is in Thailand at the moment. I want here with me. So i'm selling the Z.

Sorry guys my love for the Z will stay anyway. I will try to buy one later, when it's financial going better with me.

Anyone close to the Netherlands who''s interested?

Bart heres to you Man.

from what I see here you do some good work and in a place where Z parts are Unobtainum to the max.

Here in Cali I don't have to worry if I find a rusted pannel or floor ,, I have 6 Zs in my yard and could get a few more in a day if I just had 500Dollars.

you keep working on it and you will have it done and have somthing to really be proud of.

Signed :Bart

I'll bump this up. This was my first Z, and a good learner to! When I look back some welding and reconstruction was amazing, but it went wrong with the floors area... I didn't know quite well what I was doing at that time. I cut things to fast, without looking how it was factory. Well it was a good learner :)

Hi Bart:

Good to see you return - I take it that you could not access your original user name / account? That showed "Bart Hoedemaker" joining in 2008 with 181 Posts? Nonetheless this was a great project to watch..

FWIW,

Carl B.