IGNORED

Who has 14x7 Applance slots or Konig Rewinds on a 240Z?

Arne

205s will most definitely and 215s should clear on 7" wide wheels with a 0 offset. I only hit the valence at when turning sharp with my 225s.

I agree about the look of slots on a Z. I had 14x5.5 Shelby slots on my car when I first bought it, but I really liked the look of the 16 spoke Western turbines.

• 8 months later...

I edited the title, since it occurred to me that 14x7 Konig Rewinds have much the same offset as the Appliance do. So comments from Rewind owners would be relevant as well.

Hey Arne those appliance wheels were on my early 260 when I bought it and I didnt have any issues with them(see my gallary) I think the tire size was 195/60/14. I still have the wheels in my garage with the tires still on them. Chris
Thanks, Chris. I'm hoping I won't have to go that small on tires, I prefer to see more rubber under my car than that. But it's good info.
Arne, you're current rims are SWEET. Let me know if you decide to sell em.
If I take them off, I'll let you know. But two of them don't look nearly as nice in person as they do in pictures. They're fine from 10 feet, but up close -- not so much. Which is exactly my problem. I like the look, but the wheels themselves are not good enough for the rest of the car.

If I take them off, I'll let you know. But two of them don't look nearly as nice in person as they do in pictures. They're fine from 10 feet, but up close -- not so much. Which is exactly my problem. I like the look, but the wheels themselves are not good enough for the rest of the car.

Why not refinish them then?

I have a set of the slotted dish wheels in the shed. I am not sure the width though. I have Kosei K1 wheels on the car and have no problems with them but that is not relevent to your question. I intend to clean up the dish wheels and sell them to someone into period correct wheelage... In fact the Kosei K1's will be going too in favor of some Panosports.

Why not refinish them then?
That's an option, but they will need some serious work, re-machining in some cases. The cost to make a set of the wire mags (I have a total of 8 of them) look as good as I want will be more than what I'd have to pay for the NOS wheels. So if I can get tires that I'm satisfied with on the NOS, that may still be the way to go.

• 4 months later...

not to bring back a dead thread, but the 77 280z i purchased last jan has 14x9 shelby slotted mags all around. the previous owner had them on his car since he bought in 1986 and putt stock-size fiberglass fenders and gnose. the offset is stamped -1 3/4. no engine when i bought it, but he said there was no rubbing when he drove it.tires were 235-60-14.

Arne,

I have these rims on my car (the Appliance 14x7). I am running a 205/60-14 tire (Dunlops).

I don't know if I could be much help though - I bought the car from the PO this way, so I have no idea of any offset or suspension changes. I do think my car sits a little lower, but then that could be due to the need for replacement struts.

Let me know if there's something you need me to check.

*** EDIT - I see this is an old thread, so perhaps your decision was already made. Offer still stands though - any help, let me know.

Edited by rdefabri