IGNORED

What did you find under your seat?

72ZDave

The first 240Z I bought was stolen in Sydney by a crook on the run. Was driven all the way across the country, where the cops nabbed the guy in Albany (WA) for a busted tail light. (Note to crooks, If you gonna steal a getaway car, take one in good condition, that wont attract police attention).

Car was in poor condition, and was written off by the insurance company, instead of transporting it across the county again, so ended up at a wreckers in Perth, where I bought it.

In it I found the crooks getaway map, with towns circled in pen, and the words "Fill" written, indicating where he was going to stop for gas.

Wow. Not in a Z, but in an old van that my friend's dad owned was discovered a ransom note to the authorities. It read something like "meet me here with the money or you will find this man's head in a shoe box."

I believe the van was once used by the FBI. Go figure.

.....in the 280 I found a bunch of "Love Is" clip outs, and a spare fan belt.

in the 300ZX I found bobby pins, some Nascar toy tire preassure gauge, dog food, coins, and a button.

in my old Vanagon, maps from various cities in the US, a sunshield, and a container to hold urine.

I found about $1.50 in change, four of my missing flat head and Phillips head screwdrivers (lost over 20 years ago and happy to be reacquainted), one old 10mm open ended wrench (partly rusty), one golden stud ear ring, and my long lost intermittent windshield wiper devise that I never got around to installing….

Best of all there may be more. I haven’t yet pulled all the foam padding and jute….

my hands feel dirty just reading these posts LOLOL. 72Z Dave:BTW does that frisbee glow in the dark? i swear it's a spitting image of one i had as a kid in the mid70's

Yeah, it's the glow in the dark frisbee. I had one too in the 70's!

I found a nice brushed steel nissan travel mug wedged under, the usual coinage, an ice scraper, and a toothpick from Bonvechio's Restaurant, still in the wrapper. there was a name plate on the heater console "this car made specially for Ping Bonvechio". Appparently the restaurant was his uncle's. Later on, somebody lost that mug before I could ever use it.:ermm:

In a parts car I found two playboy air fresheners, playboy seat covers, playboy bunnies etched onto the windows, a strip club "business card", a plate frame that said "I'm just chillin", coins and a lot of old chewed up carpet. Guy must have thought he was hot-shnit.:smoke:

• 9 months later...

Lowered the drivers seat in the 73 today - worked out nice. 3/4 of an inch really makes a difference. (too easy - don't bother) When the seat was out it was a good time to vacum.

My find while cleaning out the dead bugs and loose seat packing was a shell casing. It's marked: 38 SPL R - P It was under a fold on the bottom of the diamond cover.

Made me think for a while maybe there was something sinister happened that took this car out of service for so long. Could explain some oddities about the car. Or maybe the owner also owned a hand gun.

Up here that is an odd thing, perhaps common in the US.