IGNORED

Why do trucks keep hitting my Z?

Zs-ondabrain

So the kids need bread for their sandwich's, I go to the store, get bread, trying to leave the parking lot and get on to the street, and this kid is in front of me trying to do the same then changes his mind and throws it in reverse. Guess who he hit with his Mazda B2200 truck? YUP, MEEEEEE.

This is the third damn hood I've put on my 240Z. Now I need a fourth hood. Any takers. I am looking for another hood for the Z but it needs to be straight. If it has a little rust, it's ok. PM me or shoot me a comment here, under the pictures of my F'd up hood. And May I add that "I JUST FINISHED THAT COWL INDUCTION HOOD DAMNIT!!!"

I'm mainly looking for a Washington 240Z hood AND GRILL!!

Dave.

post-4921-14150801890169_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150801890498_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150801890818_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150801891136_thumb.jpg

Jeeze, sorry to hear about that!

Did you get the information from the guy in the truck? I would think insurance should cover the cost of new hood. He charges a lot for his prices, but you may want to give Z-Specialties or Felton's Nissan Auto parts (in Snohomish) a call as both are up north your way in Clearview if you're in need of one asap.

You might be the first candidate for the 240z to 280z bumper degrade LOL (the opposite of the upgrade)!!

I'm sorry for this to happen. I hope you find a good hood soon.

I think the problem is the Z car has such a low profile and people are so use to "large and tall" cars and trucks now they forget there are actual sports cars out there. The long engine bay is also the problem for most people, they don't expect it that long.

Got all his info, Name, insurance co. Policy number, his phone number, licence etc, etc.

I'll check back tomorrow for offers here in the NW so I can call the guy with an estimate. I'm just really pissed that I finally built a Cowl Hood, got butt loads of compliments and offers on it, then trashed it in 2 seconds. Took about 50 hours to build and paint it in my garage.

Still need a close by grill and hood and would also like to find the early model "Long" overrider bar.

I'm just SO thankful that he missed the fenders, headlight buckets, and did'nt come close to my new Aluminum Radiator. And luckily he did'nt push the hood too far forward and screw up the cowl panel and such.

I'll keep Oliver at Z-Specialties in mind but I normally don't like to deal with him. Personal reasons.

Dave.

You might be the first candidate for the 240z to 280z bumper degrade LOL (the opposite of the upgrade)!!

I'm sorry for this to happen. I hope you find a good hood soon.

I think the problem is the Z car has such a low profile and people are so use to "large and tall" cars and trucks now they forget there are actual sports cars out there. The long engine bay is also the problem for most people, they don't expect it that long.

It was dark and rainy out tonight, the kids back window was all steamed up and I doubt he even looked back before backing up.

I don't know if you noticed my bumper but I custom made it after the first time I got hit dead center and so I turned my bumper into a 2 piece like the old 69 1/2" Camero's (they called them nerf bumpers) or something like that.

It's actually a good thing I did that or the damage would have been twice as bad. He would have hit the bumper had it been a "Full" length bumper.

Thanks for the sympothy guys, now I just need parts at a great price.

Dave.

Too bad you can't just be playing that Xbox game your Z's sound went to; you could just restart that race! sorry to hear that you got dinged...I've done that waiting in line at the post office drop mail boxes, but I was the one creeping forward....

Make sure that you alert your insurance company about it, or even file a claim through your comp. Some jackass hit me in Aug. with my daily driver. He passed me on the right as I was turning right. Allstate is claiming 85% fault, which means I have to pay for 15% of $5000 the repair. I made a claim through my comp, and while I'm out my deductible for now, my insurance is going to bat for me to get the 15% back. I know 2 other people that were involved in a non-at fault accident, the other insurance company tries to only claim 85% responsibility. It must be some industry standard to only claim 85% responsibility. BTW, Allstate insurance is the WORST company to deal with if you get hit by one of their moron drivers.