IGNORED

Zama storage facility & Autech HQ visit

sblake01

Great pictures.

I see that they have pictures of the first 350z (Z33-000001). I thought VIN#1 was sold by Nissan USA to a Nissan dealer in Everett, WA (Performance Nissan)? I was at a Z car show there this summer and they have the car in their showroom with a copy of the ebay winning bid and a certificate from Nissan. Here are a couple of bad pictures I took of it. Is this just the first z-33 sold in the US?

-Mike

post-9102-14150801716655_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150801717114_thumb.jpg

Please post links to the other sites that have pictures! I'm saving all of these. What a great collection!

This, evidently, is the trip to Japan coordinated by "Mad" Mike Taylor and the ZCCA. I see Mike with his Dallas shirt on in some of the pictures. Every couple of years, Mike takes a group to Japan and they get to do things like this. On the opposite years, a group from Japan gets to come here.

Zama houses the famous cars and very few others are in private hands. The comment about the old rally cars...the red 210 won it's class in the Autralian rally in 1958. Mr. Katayama was the team manager for the cars. The #1 and #11 Zs are the winners of the East African Safari. The #5 Z took third in the Monte Carlo. Jean Todt was the co-pilot. Many, many other wonderful cars. I'm struck with how large the place is.

Great pictures.

I see that they have pictures of the first 350z (Z33-000001). I thought VIN#1 was sold by Nissan USA to a Nissan dealer in Everett, WA (Performance Nissan)? I was at a Z car show there this summer and they have the car in their showroom with a copy of the ebay winning bid and a certificate from Nissan. Here are a couple of bad pictures I took of it. Is this just the first z-33 sold in the US?

-Mike

Maybe that was the first sold to the public? If i remember correctly the first S30 sold stateside was #16 or something along those lines.

classiczcars.com got there first:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7385

I think all the pictures that were originally linked to that 'Front Page News' article are still in my Gallery. I certainly have not deleted any of them. I've got over 800 on disc too.

Looks like they've got on top of the electricity supply and lighting situation since I was there, which is nice. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Here's a better link to some images in my Gallery:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?si=Zama&limit=&thumbsonly=0&perpage=24&cat=all&ppuser=&thumbcheck=0&page=1&sortby=&sorttime=&way=&cat=all

Maybe that was the first sold to the public? If i remember correctly the first S30 sold stateside was #16 or something along those lines.

The one sold on Ebay was #2, which was advertised as the first one sold to the public, since they were keeping #1. #3 was sold at Nationwide Nissan in Maryland. It is a Red Touring 6 speed car. Right now it has about 4K miles on it.