IGNORED

sickening

ta240

After 15 years of owning a bondo'd up rusted out maaco painted Z I finally get a good condition one with original paint and while cleaning it up this morning I discover that someone took their key and made a little 4" partial loop on the passengers door while walking by it.

I've only had it a couple months, it's only been in a parking lot probably less than a half dozen time and probably on 2 or 3 since the last time it was cleaned. Always parked well away from other cars and never for long.

Fortunately, they didn't put a lot of time or effort into it so it only goes all the way through the paint for about half of it but it still takes the fun out of owning something nice.

Or if they gonna key something up key up a whack car.

Better advice, don't key anyone's car - no matter how "whack." People who key other's cars don't deserve to have their own in my opinion. I always thought keying, tire slashing, sugar in the tank and the like were all chicken---- acts by gutless turds (pardon my French). You don't mess with another man's (or woman's) car -- it just isn't right :smoke:.

You don't mess with another man's (or woman's) car -- it just isn't right :smoke:.

Thats like a law of nature. I got mad as hell when I came out of Target one night to find the jackass in the mustang next to me had spit 3x on my car. I was steaming out of the ears. Another night someone tried to smash the window in my Buick, but it bounced off and broke the mirror insted. I hate people who have no respect for someone else's property.

I never said you messed with anyone's car, I was referring to your comment: "...if they gonna key something up key up a whack car." If I misunderstood what you said, then that is my mistake. Just feel to key a car "whacked" or not, is wrong. It would not make it better because that "whacked" car belongs to someone who would probably also feel bad about it, maybe not as bad as they would feel if they had a classic car, but bad just the same.

what, the paint job or keying the car?

the paint job. But from the other thread I can see I'm the exception in that view.

I mean, I guess you could paint SS emblems or a schwastica on a VW if you wanted to tie the car in to that history. But I can't imagine a sane person thinking of doing that. Somehow the Japanese came away from that war with a far better reputation than the Germans while committing atrocities that would have made the Germans sick to their stomachs.

Am I ashamed to be driving a Japanese built car? No, but I don't want to associate it with that legacy.

And I have far too much respect for our own WWII veterans, the things they went through and the things they saw done by the Japanese in that war to drive around in something like that, anymore than I would fly a Japanese flag on my house.

i do see your point of view, and without getting too political, i don't think that the japanese internment camps were along the lines of human rights. really, a war is a war, but comparing what the japanese did to the genocide of nazi germany is quite a bit extreme, as i'm sure you realize. but i digress.