IGNORED

Classic Z Car Club licence plate frames?

76Datsun280z

I like the phrase "Enjoy the Ride", that's kind of cool, or maybe even an old z ad slogan or a saying they'd say in commercials to represent these cars or you'd see in magazines from the 70's might be kind of cool even? This is kind of corny, but my next door neighbor has a few Z's and says that he's got the "dizeez" which I admit might look stupid on a licence plate frame but was just something I thought I'd through out.

I have an alarm. They stole that too!

NO. You HAD a box that made noise. A True alarm, properly installed with the right accesories, would have prevented the theft of your vehicle.

Sorry if I sound rude or too straight forward, but I've been installing car alarms for over 20 years and can Promise you that NO ONE has stolen a vehicle that I installed an alarm into, while the alarm was armed. Period.

I AM truly SORRY for your loss. I really am. Some one stole my 75' Mustang 2, the first week that I owned it. This of coarse, was before I had enough money (after buying the car) to install an alarm. I got the car back 2 days later because the crackhead that stole it, tried to sell it to a friend of mine for $200. My friend payed for the car, called me and the cops. We claimed that he paid $400 for the car and therefore my friend got his $200 back and I got the other $200 from the thiefs mom, and bought and installed an alarm into my previously stolen Mustang. NEVER had it stolen again.

Dave.

Good call, Steve. I've only seen the "ricers" with the phrase "drive it like you stole it," and I really would rather not be considered in that same league..

I can promise you that I'm the LAST person that would be considerd a "ricer" I drive a classic 1970 Datsun 240Z. And the Ricers in my town KNOW better than to even put me and the name Ricer in the same sentence.

WOOPED enough of them to earn their respect.

If you don't like the phrase, keep 'em coming. I'm just throwing them out there for inspection, not criticism.

Dave.

NO. You HAD a box that made noise. A True alarm, properly installed with the right accesories, would have prevented the theft of your vehicle.

Sorry if I sound rude or too straight forward, but I've been installing car alarms for over 20 years and can Promise you that NO ONE has stolen a vehicle that I installed an alarm into, while the alarm was armed. Period.

Dave, I don't take your comments as rude and there's nothing wrong with being straigtforward. What you said is true. But that was six years ago and after the car was recovered, thanks to my insurance company, it turned out better than it was before the theft. New console, stereo, etc. And a professionally installed alarm system.

I wonder if you could get one with just the top "indentation" that does not block where the state reg stickers go (or a bottom "indentation" - even better) that says www.classiczcars.com on it. Since the point, at least to me, appears to be to support the club, and let other club members know who we are, I don't know that a secondary phrase is necessary.

However, if there must be one, I'll have to vote for "Enjoy the Ride". To me, the Datsun advertising tag line is most appropriate to the Z, as it is unique to the brand, while the others could be used on any make of car. But, that being said, I think the club should be more prominent than the secondary phrase.

The alarm I installed on my Z has a shock sensor, merc switches and a voltage monitor. If the alarm is triggered, the starter is disabled. And I hid it under that panel between the hood and the windshield. That way, it would be rather difficult to get to it. I thought it would be a good idea since someone already messed with my locks. Now I have to replace those too.

By the way? Did you get your Z back? When my pink Hyundai was stolen, the guy didn't get very far because he didn't know how to drive a stick. If only he had stolen the automatic Mercedes-Benz that was running and unlocked next to my Hyundai, he would have gotten away. LOL

I like the simple, understated approach. I think having just "ClassicZCars.com" across the top would be just fine, too. It would be cool to modify the late 90s "Dogs love trucks" campaign...Or somehow work in Mr. K's famous "Love cars, love people, love life" slogan, but that may be a bit over the top.

Hmm...I like the "Driven" concept. How about "Zs are Driven?".

Just brainstorming,

Steve

I too would prefer a Datsun slogan with classiczcars.com on the top. In CT the registration sticker is now a big ugly sticker that goes on the lower lt corner of the windshield .It takes the place of the ugly emisssion sticker that went there. This was due to plates being stolen for the sticker .Might be in store for more states in the future.

I too would prefer a Datsun slogan with classiczcars.com on the top. In CT the registration sticker is now a big ugly sticker that goes on the lower lt corner of the windshield .It takes the place of the ugly emisssion sticker that went there. This was due to plates being stolen for the sticker .Might be in store for more states in the future.
I think having just "ClassicZCars.com" across the top would be just fine,

That's pretty much just as I was thinking.