IGNORED

Online Z Car registry

MikeW

Yeah, a while back I thought it was lost too. Then I started downloading backups to my desktop and found a restore feature on the website itself. Easy to restore but we lose any good changes since our last good backup.

Happy new year.

• 2 years later...

Has anyone checked Mike's registry lately? This Bring a Trailer post has a link to it. I followed the link and noticed that the names on the spreadsheet have been sorted alphabetically, but the other columns are still in vin order. My #4642 now has someone else's name next to it and my name is next to someone's '72. I don't know if this can be resolved or not. This registry is such a nice tool. I hate to see it corrupted.

Wow, I haven't been on this site in years but I just got an email notification about this post. Having a registry seemed like such a good idea at the time but the fact is that it was just a public spreadsheet that anyone could edit, and worse, break either unintentionally or not. It would have been much better to have a form that people could fill out and submit their own data to a list that others could only read and not modify. I'd hoped that this site could offer a feature like that but however it's done it would require someone with web development experience which I don't have. Perhaps there are better tools out there these days that would make something like this easier.

• 6 months later...

It would have been much better to have a form that people could fill out and submit their own data to a list that others could only read and not modify. I'd hoped that this site could offer a feature like that but however it's done it would require someone with web development experience which I don't have. Perhaps there are better tools out there these days that would make something like this easier.

I believe one could create a form that feeds a spreadsheet in Google Apps. Might be able to keep the actual spreadsheet locked, only accepting changes from the form.