IGNORED

braided hoses?

There are no more sources foir these parts in America. I do know somewhere you may be a ble to get them I actually have bought some on Ebay but there is a gentleman that has a web site that gets many of his Parts form Japan. I have bought some rare parts from him. He was a life saver.

Try this http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-240Z-parts.html

I just bought a NOS braided PCV valve hose from Courtesy Nissan for the '72. I'm still looking for a NOS braided hose that connects from the valve cover to the air filter.
The breather hose I bought about a year ago from MSA was braid-covered. It was part #15-6200 and is listed to fit '70-72.

some of the braided hoses are still available like the evaporator hoses for the back of the car and the one you bought from Courtesy. However I was thinking more of the radiator hoses upper and lower. Try that fellow Karl at the link I posted lonetree and good luck. He's a solid guy and again gets very hard to find parts from Japan. He got me a door glass brand new and it was at my house from Japan in 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for the original cloth covered hoses, start hunting eBay and specialty houses. If you just want proper new hoses, I got all mine from my local Nissan parts department. It helps if you take them the part numbers when you go in, which is a great reason to get the club part CD-ROM.

Braided covered fuel hoses are available from Industrial Supply Houses. My local Industrial Hardware store stocks Metric Fuel lines (the braided style) in 8, 10, 12, and 15mm. It's waaaaay up high on the shelf, and you miss it if you aren't in there all the time looking at what they have.

For Vapor Lines, I was tempted to redo them in 15mm with what they had, but they also have the nylon adapters to step it down, so I stepped all my 15mm lines down to 12 or 10mm, and everything still vents fine. Plus, I was able to route several (3) 10mm hoses through a single hole in the rear floor, allowing me to silicone/heatshrink seal them tightly against vapors, and simply cap the remaining holes to keep vapors out. Routing the 10mm lines is much easier, you don't need molded hoses for the bends, and even if you did you could prebend complex shapes out of hardline and simply connect them all with straight tubing.

I also did this on my son's 510 Wagon, and his fuel system successfully held 5psi in the fuel tank 12 hours without leakdown! How's THAT for vapor integrity?!?!?!?! LOL