IGNORED

old zman

72zoom

Hi

I am the original owner of a 1972 240z. It has been with me through thick and thin. I have completely repainted and redone the interior. It still has the orignal engine with over 220,000 miles with no major rebuilds in sight.

72zoom

Welcome to Classic Zcar Club Daryl. Regarding being an old guy.....your not alone! There are a number of member in this catagory...I'm just a couple of years behind you. We're obviously all still young at heart! Anyway, lots of great folks here and tons of good information to be had.....and do become familiar with the search function....reading the archives will keep you busy for sure.

Tom

Welcome. It's nice to have other "Old Timers" on the forum. This is a great place to learn and share. My first Z was a '71 which I bought in "73. I kept it about 6 years. I have now bought another '71 that I will not sell. It's too much fun! Enjoy your new Z family.

Hi Daryl:

Good to see you here. As everyone has mentioned - it's a great group.

Daryl is #139 on the IZCC's Z Car Original Owners Register. I think we have about 156 Original Owners on the ZCOOR now. However we are starting to see some of the Z's being sold, or turned over to the second generation within the family. Good to hear your still driving yours...

There must be some kind of Guinness Record for total number of years owned by the original owners for any specific Sports/GT there somewhere. On average that's 1,842.5 original ownership years.

kind regards,

Carl B.

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

I am located in the tri cities. we have a car show in june called cool desert nights, last year there were only 3 Z's out of 600 cars. we need more participation from you z owners on the west coast.

Well done Daryl, and welcome!

I won't mention ages, I have a b'day coming up:ermm:

I also have a genuine 1 owner Datsun.

I purchased a P510 4 door new in January 1971.

Never even took one for a test drive, just ordered, paid and drove it away:)

Mechanically, it is nowhere near original, but is definately one of the family.

fca3aa33.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I have a b'day coming up:ermm:

I also have a genuine 1 owner Datsun.

I purchased a P510 4 door new in January 1971.

Hi Nissanman:

That's funny - I sold about 10 Datsun 510's brand new in Jan. of 71! I sure wish I had kept one for myself. Love what you've done with yours.

I just bought a 72 PL510 Station Wagon... pretty clean for it's age and still stock. I may leave it that way for a while and just enjoy driving it for a while. It could use a bit more horsepower and the suspension would benefit from a slight upgrade.... maybe later.....

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks Carl.

At the time of the engine conversion, I was not a turbo person, so it is a N/A FJ20E with Haltech F9.

From what I have heard, the better choice for all round performance and economy.

Cruises beautifully at 110KPH[65MPH] wih plenty of reserve for overtaking, in 5TH:love:

Couldn't bear to get rid of it!