IGNORED

wtd: l6 P90 head

Vindicare

some car in bunbury, who is undertaking a RB conversion, im considering my options with intake, as the one on my current engine, i have not been able to identify(cant see and casting codes). And no1 has(cant remember the turbo intake code). Unless u guys know? :D So yeah, will be heading down tomorrow to pick up the engine

Cool. Find out what model and year it was out of if you can - it might help some other aussies track down the illusive P90.

I have a P90/F54 L28 in my daily. Didn't realise it was a L28 till I was filling out the rego change-over forms (Assumed it was a L24, since it was a 240K). Then after getting it home and giving it a tune up, I saw the P90 casting code in the head :D

As for the intake manifold, you don't really need to use a "turbo" intake manifold, they are all very similar, except the turbo manifolds had over-pressure relief valves in them.

Lots of people use the N42 non-erg intake manifold for its clean uncluttered apperance on turbo L28's. I have one of them also, that I plan to use in my turbo build-up or I also have the turbo manifold off an L20A, but probably wont use it.

Jump on Hybridz.org theres heaps of info on there about Turbo L28's. (More than here, since this is primarily an S30 Z site, and the L28 was in the S130 Z).

Post a pic of your intake manifold I, or someone here might be able to identify it.

yeah hybridz is where i been going for my information for over a year. I have the l20a intake on my 240z currently, or that's what the last owner thought it was, the whole turbo kit on it now is apparently off a turbo l20a

Yeah Probabaly is. There was alot of L20ET's in Perth in the 90's. Grey area imports from japan form the mid to late 80's. A mate of mine had a Skyline 2000GT C210 back then.

I know of an old guy with 5 L20ET's in his garage/shed.

Was your car at the last Z day? I remember there was a Red 240Z with a turbo L series.

Theres a Green 240Z turbo L in Perth too.

yeah it was at Z Day, and it was that red 240z turbo. I picked up the engine today. p90/f54 with carbs. The owner could not provide any information about the engine as he bought it from QLD. The project takes a step forward :D