IGNORED

'72 112 Yellow Located in Florida on Ebay

You never know until you look at the car - BUT - if it's as presented it should bring $5K to $6K. Front bumper looks bent - it will need a complete refresh but should be a good car to start a refresh on...

Carl B.

You never know until you look at the car - BUT - if it's as presented it should bring $5K to $6K. Front bumper looks bent - it will need a complete refresh but should be a good car to start a refresh on...

Carl B.

Carl,

Yes, it certainly appears to be a solid car and a good candidate for a restoration. I love the 112 Yellow color with the black interior, but I truly dislike the dealer-provided vinyl top.

I was going to bid on this one but those latest photos kind of made me less certain of the value. Can anyone make a comment (insightful) on the rust under the lower door seal, it looks like trouble to me.

I wonder how difficult it would be to remove the vinyl?

The vinyl top scares me, mainly because of the recent resto job ongoing on SpeedTV's "Dream Car Garage." They stripped and blasted the car (a Chevelle or something similar, IIRC) --the roof had the landau top on it which had trapped water and made the roof like it was a victim of a buckshot drive-by! I worry the same fate may befall this one....

With that said, I like it, I hope it sells well..especially because it's lime!

Your concern about the door sill is valid. I had a similar situation with mine (see pics) Bad door seals caused water to collect around the inner sill plate, which is what has rusted there. BUT, since the vinyl on the inner rocker goes under that sill plate, there was NO rust on the rocker. There was however some rust at the bottom front of the A-pillar where it met the rocker which had caused some pitting but no terrible rust-out situation.

Not sure what to say about the rocker to rear quarter alignment. It's welded there, so if it's misaligned it must be from trauma. Usually bubblies indicate trapped debris and interior rust on the dependent side of the quarter, probably in the rocker. Need to replace it? Maybe, but maybe not.

Better to examine in person--or hope for a low final bid!

(Edit: I'd pay $3500-$3800 for it, knowing how my car looked compared to this one. Despite its pretty good appearance, it's only a good startng point, I give it a 3- on the 5-point scale.)

Good luck,

Steve

post-7009-14150799839754_thumb.jpg

112 Yellow (aka Lime) is one of those 240Z paint colors that people either love or hate....I don't own a 112 Yellow car, but I just happen to be one of those Z owners who loves the color on the '72 & '73 cars 240Zs, that's all. :)

I have to say, IIIIIIII love it myself ^_^

My car's original color was 112 yellow....I can see glimpses of it in the interior and engine bay. Still debating whether to have it painted back to that color or red. My friends have been no help, some love the yellow, some hate it.....

Mike,

It's definitely a polarizing color! I say repaint it to the original 112 color and you won't be sorry.

Mike,

It's definitely a polarizing color! I say repaint it to the original 112 color and you won't be sorry.

Thanks Steve, I'm definitely leaning that way. What makes it harder is I don't think I've ever seen a yellow Z in person....they must have sent all the yellow ones to the West coast! (mines from New Mexico...)

Thanks Steve, I'm definitely leaning that way. What makes it harder is I don't think I've ever seen a yellow Z in person....they must have sent all the yellow ones to the West coast! (mines from New Mexico...)

I've never seen one here in Colorado either, except for one that had been repainted a different color. I think California has a lot of 112 Yellow 240Zs because there are more 240Zs there than anywhere else in the world! The color is unique and makes a bold statement, definitely an early '70s statement that's for sure.:D Here are a few pics I have saved on my computer of a couple "Lime" or "Jaffe Yellow" 240Zs. Coincidently, I understand both of these cars were originally from California (where else?)

post-6600-14150799850928_thumb.jpg

post-6600-1415079985114_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150799851231_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150799851326_thumb.jpg

post-6600-1415079985174_thumb.jpg