IGNORED

Custom 1972 DATSUN 240Z Mistress of Fire

Mr Camouflage

I've seen photos of this car before, and now its for sale on ebay.

http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowAllQuestions&ShowAllQuestions=&requested=cm-biz&iid=170078992520&redirect=0&ShowASQAlways=1&SSPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI&frm=284&guest=1

But some of the comments people make, like this A-hole.

Someone actually gave you an award for that atrocity. I have seen a lot of z cars in my time and your car is within the top five most butchered god awful looking Zs I have ever seen with four wheels on it. Just thought I would tell you what the real world thinks. Nice paint on the inside of the hood. Congratulations on turning the finest Japanese Sports car ever made in to an abortion. No wonder why you are selling it. You probably came out of your dream sleep and took one look at the thing and said to yourself " the LSD finally wore off " lololololololololololololol

what a tool.

We vare very fortunate that we all do not have the same tastes in cars, or for that matter, in women, or anything else! If we did, nothing satisfying would be affordable to the majority of us. We were all created as unique individuals and thankfully our "tastes" are part of the differences among us.

I have seen this car on my journeys through the web many times also. I always liked it and I'm sure most would. The seller doesn't seem to care about the ill opinion of 1. You don't win awards for no reason. Good to see a fellow Z enthusiast jump to his defense. Hope he does well.

You know I think it is funny that the twit above had to insult the owner/seller of this car in order to feel better personally. It says a lot about the shortcomings of the individual who made those comments.

I have seen this car in person several times including parked across from him at the 2000 NZC. It is not my taste, but the car was always nicely turned out and well done.

R

That is actually a really nice car in a lot of ways ... the outside lines look super clean with everything shaved. I'd do it to my Z if the laws allowed some of them and time allowed it for the rest. Without door handles, side likes, locks, and such you can save yourself at least 600 bucks on your restoration! Still, had I seen the shaved gas tank before I painted my car I would have done it. It helps clean up the car quite well!

It's like those guys that go to a concert to complain about how "they don't sound like their old stuff" or just sit there and heckle the bands...I'm always like: "You PAID to come in here and have a bad time? why not just stay home?" I'll never get it... I would say this is FAR from the ugliest/most tasteless Z I've ever seen. I wouldn't do mine that way, but I'm sure most people say that about my car as well...

Everyone has a right to their opinion. The car is not my cup of tea however it may be someone elses. I looked at the pictures of the car and certainly it's not a car I would consider bidding on. What confuses me though is the fact that this car is an award winner but the interior of the vehicle is not in very good condition. The exterior well cars look better usually on a computer so I would have to reserve the right to critique it. The hood painting I must say is odd but I am sure some one would like it.