IGNORED

Motor Trend Classic folds, Nissan Sport grows

Nissan Sport ed

Just got this via an e-mail newsletter that I subscribe to:

Truck Trend Editor and Motor Trend writer Mark Williams writes: "Not sure this has been announced formally yet but the Folio Award Winning Motor Trend Classic, our labor of love, has been put to rest... just not enough advertising support to make it viable. A lot of blood and sweat from Angus MacKenzie and Matt Stone went into every issue, and stellar writing from Todd Lassa and Frank Markus as well. For those of us who have been around awhile, you know these things happen. But we're hopeful and optimistic that Motor Trend Classic will survive in one way or another, either as a once-a-year Motor Trend specialty publication or quite possibly some kind of e-zine, we'll have to wait and see. A huge thank you to all those writers and photographers out there who offered their support and skill. We'll keep you updated."

It's too bad to see a magazine go away, especially one that catered to some lovely vintage cars. While this is crummy news, we at Nissan Sport are excited to be growing our magazine. Our sales on the newsstand have been incredible as has the response. We haven't officially announced it yet, but we expect to be growing 16 extra pages (putting us at 100 pages; Sport Z started with 48). That'll give us more room to cover the classics, with our first major 240Z feature article coming in the Spring 2007 issue. Stay tuned for more details.

BTW, we now offer free Nissan Sport e-mail alerts. Sign up at www.nissansportmag.com. Q's? Write me at editor@nissansportmag.com. Thanks everyone.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

www.nissansportmag.com

Eric is talented behind the lens, and did a wonderful job; the photos he showed me were almost "magical" in appearance. He took several shots while I was out on the track at PIR early on Saturday that are, (like you said) dynamite.

The Z is loaded my trailer, for when ever you are ready to shoot her, and my dime is resting in my garage waiting for some TLC.

Thank you for your consideration, and the opportunity to be featured in Nissan Sport Magazine.

Best,

Ron