Your age when you got your first Z car  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your age when you got your first Z car

• 16 or below
    • 17-21
    • 22-30
    • 30-40
    • above 40

Does it count the 2 260Z 2+2 that my Dad gifted me when i was 7 years old, both red, one majorette and the oher one matchbox....?

My Zx is the first one and hopefully not the last one, i purchased two years ago when i was 29....

I've got one of those 2+2 Matchbox cars! Maroon with the little box it came it. Sits on top of my computer monitor.

My first is a 71 240Z I bought just a few months ago. I got screwed by the previous owner (my fault for trusting the guy) and now im stuck with a "freshly rebuilt head" that has a burnt valve, several bent valves, broken valve guides, among several other perculiar things. I cant wait until I finally have a chance to drive one of the fine cars.

It was late 1983 and I had just turned 32 years young when I found and purchased my 1970 240Z (3/70). I purchased it from PierreZ in Hawthorn Ca. I've owned it ever since and in 2000 it was completely disassembled for a needed freshening up......of course I included a number of modifications during the process. It was back on the road again in late 2002 and has provided me with many hours of enjoyment ever since. As I look back to when I purchased the Z, I would have never imagined that I would still own it today and that I would transform it into the beautiful toy it is now! :love:

Tom

I got my first Z in 1974. I was 29 and a Captain on the Fire department in Ft. Collins, Colorado. It was a Blue coupe w/ off-white interior. I had 2 Datsun 2000 roadsters before that, a 68 and a 69. My Z came with EMPI 8-spoke aluminum wheels which I haven't seen since, but would love to get my hands on a set. I truly loved that car, but when I moved to the mountains I had to trade it in for a 4-wheel drive pickup. Much water has flowed under the bridge since then and last year I was seriously bitten by the Z-bug again. I bought the car you see in my avatar and my photo file. I bought it from the original owner with 69,000 actual miles on it. NO RUST!!! I've had a great time emptying my bank account on it...sort of like a mistress(one that my wife will accept). I love the way it drives and I spend many happy hours behind the wheel. There's just something about a Z...

Cheers, Mike

I remember being stung by the Z bug for the first time when I was just 12 yrs old. Since it was way too early for me to have a car myself, I simply forgot about teh buzz it gave me. By the time I was 16, I was on my own and couldn't afford a car I had to tinker with to get going or keep on the road, and I just didn;t see that many around. Finally, just over a year ago at age 39, I decided that I had waited long enough, and having totaled my crotch rocket, I decided it was time for something safer, and something that I could spend time on as a hobby.

I bought mine off a guy in the classifieds section of the paper. I fell in love at first sight. I had no knowledge about Z cars at the time, but that didnt last very long. Once I learned about them, I realized how many goodies it had. A lot of MSA products including a aero kit, shift knob, hard dash cover, and unfournately a moonroof. I got it for $600. I plan to keep the car for as long as possible, and probably give it to my son when I have one.

• 3 weeks later...
I was 16 years old. It took me 3 months to total my 1972 240Z and wind up in the hospital for a month. I just got another Z a year ago at age 34....

Here are the pics of my Z car post crash. If blood makes you squeamish dont look at the interior shot..

I just found these and thought you might find this sad and interesting..

post-9919-14150799831985_thumb.jpg

post-9919-14150799832472_thumb.jpg

post-9919-14150799832732_thumb.jpg

I just found these and thought you might find this sad and interesting..

Glad youre still around to talk about the accident. Just looking at these pics I dont wanna even get into a fender-bender with the Z. Now that I've stripped my Z down and seen her naked, I know shes pretty frail in the 'safety' area. I'll still drive her though...

I LOVE the Z in your avatar..please dont get into an accident with that one!

Zak

Glad youre still around to talk about the accident. Just looking at these pics I dont wanna even get into a fender-bender with the Z. Now that I've stripped my Z down and seen her naked' date=' I know shes pretty frail in the 'safety' area. I'll still drive her though...

I LOVE the Z in your avatar..please dont get into an accident with that one!

Zak[/quote']

I did roll this one down a bank so this damage is from more than a fender bender...It only cost me one spleen and one car and I learned to play guitar while on bedrest for a month.

1st z in 89 a blue 78, then a white blind date 85 300 in 93, then a sweet brown 75 280 in 2003 (hence mr280) and currently a cool white 72 240! I have and continue to enjoy the ride.:knockedou