IGNORED

Datsun Dealership Signs!

WingZr0

NICE SHOP!! Love the roadsters!! What's hiding under the car cover?

There is yet another roadster under that car cover...

Here are a couple more of the signs from my collection.

Nissan Bluebird, Sunny, Trucks dealership sign:

8Nissan_Bluebird_Sign-med.jpg

And this one (pre 1967):

8Datsun_Sign.jpg

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Nice signs SPRI ^_^

Let me know when you wanna switch garages, I have a one ride carport with my apartment number on it :cheeky:

Haven't got to this thread in a while but I saw this little 3 by 4 foot beauty on Bay yesterday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130080988976&rd=1,1

566e_1.JPG

post-13541-14150799658866_thumb.jpg

Supposedly a Dealership flag from the 70's.

Looks reeeeal NICE.

~Z~

What you missed was this little beauty - the real thing.

The early Datsun corporate HQ was at 137 East Alondra Blvd. in Gardena (CA). In 1970, the Master Parts Depot (MPD) opened on Artesia Blvd. (also in Gardena). From early 1970 until the famous 9-story HQ building was finished in '72, the corporate HQ was located in one of the front modules at the newly constructed MPD. Originally, the building had front & rear entrances. However, upon completion of the 91 freeway, the back entrance (on Walnut Street) became the main (& only) entrance. Prior to the freeway coming thru, the front lawn contained a volleyball court (complete w/sand pit) for the employees to use during lunch hour. Mr. Katayama (Mr. K) was also known to have flown his kites on that front lawn.

This sign is made from 3/4" wood w/plastic lettering & border. It measures 30" x 18" &, except for being a little worn from 15 years worth of exposure & dirty from 20+ years of storage, is in very good condition. This sign was removed upon the name conversion from DATSUN to NISSAN in 1984.

Fortunately, it has gone to one of the best homes it could have.

post-4148-14150799659109_thumb.jpg