IGNORED

I HATE people on Ebay...

gregs240z

little update....

Mr. Detroit now claims he never got the email with the attachment..... thats amazing how hotmail suddenly looses emails.... this guy it so stupid..... I think I'll wait a day or two before I resend the email. He'll then claim he can't open the PDF. I could bet 50 bucks on this moron.... SO freaking predictable....

Working in management at a large transportation company (not DHL), and having done some time as a driver, I can offer the following as a carrier perspective on the subject.

Regarding delivery -- if the recipient is not home the driver makes the decision on whether or not to leave ("driver release") the package. If the driver feels the package is in a safe place, and that someone will be home soon to get it, they will leave it if they can.

The only exception is when the sender pays extra for "signature required" service, which will require the driver to get a signature or if it is a "high value" (insured for several thousand $$$) package. Except for the "high value" package, the driver does not know (or care) whether it is "insured" or not, and it will not impact his/her decision to “driver release” the package.

If the driver leaves the package without a signature, and the recipient claims not to have received it, in the end the carrier will pay the claim. However, there are several steps the carrier will take, such as sending the driver out when the recipient is home to confirm where they left it, sending out a member of the management team with perhaps a member of law enforcement, and other steps to confirm whether or not the recipient received the package.

Of course, drivers, management, etc gets pretty good over the years at figuring out when recipients are lying, and the steps taken will depend on that, and of course the insured value of the package. Also, carriers keep track of the claims made, and if an individual or an area has a higher than normal incidence of claims for non-receipt, the carrier may declare that individual/area as a “no driver release area”. Also, if a carrier feels that a recipient is being untruthful when they claim not to have received a package, the carrier may require that individual to go to the carrier’s depot to pick up their packages in the future.

Regarding this case, unless Dr. Detroit cooperates with DHL in the investigation, and they issue a claim and pay you for the “missing” laptop, then I agree – no refund is due.

And don't worry about the negative feed back.

You can post a reply to his negative post that says:

"Buyer adamantly refuses to cooperate with refund process! Wants item for free!"

That's exactly 80 characters including the quote marks.

This will be plain and clear to other buyers, you tried to work with the buyer to resolve the issue, he refused to cooperate, you're not willing to just give the item away. Most people upon reading your response would add (in their mind)... "Here's your sign!"

2¢

E

I would like to 2nd the "take the negative feedback" comment. Most ebayers, including myself, are willing to overlook a few negative ones especially if they have a reply like the one above!

I'm offically at 100 now withouth any negative feedbacks, but I feel I've been lucky. It seems like one has to deal with a different breed when selling electronics, etc.

I'm still waiting for an auto/air charger for my Dell Inspiron 6000. Paid my $35 (cost plus shipping) which was a good deal. Unfortunately the guy never sent my item. He had several feedbacks (100% positive) and then just wigged out. Now he has five or six negative all from the same time period. He stopped selling on ebay. That was three months back and I noticed he had a few items listed. Called him at home in Florida and he said he'd get a refund out right away. Then sent an email that he'd send my charger 2 day priority. That was two weeks ago. I give up. I understand that people can get caught up in personal things, but if he was going to start selling again, he should try to make things right with his customers. In your case w/ the laptop it just sounds like you've got a dishonest person for a buyer.