IGNORED

What did your holidays bring your Z?

hls30.com

What did your Z get for the Holidays?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What did your Z get for the Holidays?

• New a/v system or add ons!
    • A new and fine passenger seat warmer!
    • Engine upgrades!
    • Spa Treatment-professional restoration/detailing services!
    • New Wheels/tires!
    • New Cleaning supplies!
    • A Christmas tree airfreshner!
    • New upholstery/carpet!
    • Fender deep snow-hey you posted the picture of your Z abuse!
    • New interior plastic!
    • Fixed the bumper!
    • New Taillights!
    • Headlight covers!
    • A resolution from you to get her back on the street!
    • A permanent spot in the garage!

A Ford 5.0 V-8 with, GT-40P heads, Cobra Intake, etc. and a T-5 Tranny. (For the 76 280) Now all I need is the time to insert it and a buyer for a rebuilt L-2.8 with appx 60,000 miles.

You must have been a verrrrry good boy-but then there is other evidence of that as well!

Will

Well, Santa didn't bring me anything for my 240Z but, I did get in some really good seat time!!! Oh, the back road where just flat azz fun, with most everyone at work and me on vacation! However, Santa did me well on my CRF450R......rebuilt and revalved suspension from RG3. Man what a difference!

Tom

P.S. Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

Christmas brought 75 degree weather here in San Diego. Since my car is done, and safely put away in the garage..

...There was nothing from Santa....

It's wierd not to have a list of things that need to be done...

Ditto, great weather and the Z doesn't need anything both of which are strange thoughts.

I got a 240Z! I’m still going over it right now. I don’t know what year it is, nor do I know the VIN because it’s completely disassembled and in a box, so I have some work ahead of me. Right now, since it is in pieces (I hope it’s all there!), I’m thinking of repainting it (probably red-but I’m not sure yet-any suggestions welcome) once the weather permits.

Seriously, though-

What did I get my Z for Christmas? Nothing major, unfortunately. I dropped the splash pan when I changed my belts, and saw that it was starting to rust. So, I took the opportunity to convert/prime the rust and spray it with rattle can red. Of course, no one but me will ever see it, but I like it and feel better knowing that there is one less area rusting.

Pulled the carpet out to track down a leak, and pulled out the passenger seat for fun.

post-11908-14150799263096_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799263403_thumb.jpg

I got a pair of new outside door handles! Looking at them, they are the shiniest thing on the car, so I almost feel like they need some flat black overspray or some scuffing in order to look right on the car...also I got my megasquirt up and running just before new years, so that's good too!

This gets complicated for the multiple Z owner!

'70 240Z-- No presents other than continued storage in the semi climate contorlled garage.

'77 280Z-- Little b*** got a new alternator Thanksgiving weekend. Lucky it didn't get a kick in the a** for that one. BTW, it was cold while changing that alternator in the parking lot not to mention having to file the alternator housing to fit the brakcet on sit. I swear next time it's going to be a Nissan remanufactured alternator. I must never stray from the factory parts bin again.

'78 280Z-- This trollop decided that she would let water leak past the door weatherstrip and moisten the carpets which I just removed on Saturday. I have the new weatherstipping to install but have not found the time and proper weather to perform the swap. Then the heater solenoid decided to stop working again.

'81 280ZX-- Over Christmas break the battery was given a charge and the old girl was given a nice drive before going back under the car cover in sunny, warm Florida until March.

'82 280ZX-- This one received a new starter from the parts bin in maryland. Trouble is I had to deliver the part to Florida to isntall it. I spent most of the five days in Florida over Christmas exercising the old girl. It had only travelled 200 miles in 2006. It was back under the cover until March for this one as well.

'86 300ZX.1-- This is the mother of all pain the a** Z cars to own. It coughed up its alternator on December 5 just as I was passing by Andrews AFB. I ducked in to the base to swap it for the '72 Celica so I could proceed to my class in College Park. The weekend before Christmas a new Bosch alternator was installed along with new Nissan fan belts. On the way down to Florida at 2:30 a.m. the new alternator pulley locked up at exit 99 in South Carolina. By 11 a.m. that same morning it was back on the road again with another new alternator!

'86 300ZX.2-- This one has been slumbering since August 2006 and for Christmas she received a new Nissan timing belt and all of the attendant parts.

'03 350Z-- No presents for this one other than some quality time with the battery charger. Over Christmas I didn't even bother to start this one. It will have to wait until March.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late but My 280 got a 3 in to 2 header, head light covers, a new rear wing from Paulo and a few parts from the local junk yard. a new Red top Optima. and then 3ft of snow to top it all off. I did cover her before the blizzard.

And just this week got her out for a drive around the block only to get covered back up for the up coming snow storm....woohoo