IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

haha, I DON'T want to be remembered. ROFL

As for P-bucket going down, I find that embedded pictures in tags are worth any potential headache, if and when it does. Plus I have contingencies anyway for my pics hosted on it...

I suppose in the long term it's a better idea to put pics on atatchments rather than linking from random pages, but Photobucket's been good to me :)

Edited by Danglybanger

I think it was from this ebay ad in this thread. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29555

Unfortunately we didn't attach any pictures. Kurt Walters should be able to confirm that since he got a free car in return for trailering another one from Phoenix.

-Mike

Of all places, I found the pics on this French Z-Car website: http://240z.free.fr/index.php?/category/20

I'm sure they've never seen so many decent Z parts cars in one place, so this must be like hitting the motherload to them.

-Mike

You bet! All those California Zs with not much rust... I'm sure a lot of our fellow Z brethren in the U.S. 'Rustbelt' or 'Saltbelt' feel the same way.

Judging from the license plates, this junkyard looks to be in California somewhere:

...I just noticed, the yellow 280's homemade buttress/tunnel window conversion looks like a fat chick spreading her legs and is ridiculous. I'm surprised it wasn't stuffed in the yard for rear end damage, considering the probable impediment to seeing backwards in general.

But it's unique and stupid enough that I'd almost keep it, were I restoring the car, and just say goodbye to luggage utility. Something tells me that a spoiler at the rear would hide a lot of the ugly in the conversion...

Edited by Danglybanger

Has anyone here ever thought of a "Z car rescue/location info clearinghouse" thread? I've seen more than enough people willing and able to travel even long distances with tools and band-aids, just to reclaim and preserve these ever more scarce and precious parts. How about a sticky thread for just such sightings? Somewhere central to go...

I would gladly travel or provide location support for such deserving safaris.

Just an idea...comments?

...I just noticed, the yellow 280's homemade buttress/tunnel window conversion...

But it's unique and stupid enough that I'd almost keep it, were I restoring the car, and just say goodbye to luggage utility.

Actually, that is a fairly rare Pantera Conversion piece and if it were in good shape (which it appears to be), would be worth a good amount to the right person.

Has anyone here ever thought of a "Z car rescue/location info clearinghouse" thread? I've seen more than enough people willing and able to travel even long distances with tools and band-aids, just to reclaim and preserve these ever more scarce and precious parts. How about a sticky thread for just such sightings? Somewhere central to go...

I would gladly travel or provide location support for such deserving safaris.

Just an idea...comments?

Good idea, Poindexter. Images of Z-cars just rusting away in the elements, just isn't right. These cars need to be saved or at the very least their parts need to be saved.

post-6600-14150804061971_thumb.jpg

Good idea, Poindexter. Images of Z-cars just rusting away in the elements, just isn't right. These cars need to be saved or at the very least their parts need to be saved.

I see a headlight trim ring I could really use! ROFL

And like Zero Z, I too love photography, and if a car wasn't salvageable, at least it might make a great photographic subject.

Edited by Poindexter