IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

Check this one out:
Yeahr, that's a members car, can't remember his name. Chris
Yes Chris, it is a members car. I think he lives in Thailand. Or somewhere in the general south asian vicinity. He fixed it up very nicely if I remember correctly.

From the looks of the cars in the background (Volvo, BMW, etc), I would have thought the pictures were taken in Europe somewhere and not in Asia. In fact, I got these pics from this French Z-car website: http://240z.free.fr/index.php?/category/20 (It looks like they have pulled a few pics from this thread as well!)

Well it was a beautifully warm day here in St. Louis (low 60's) and i had a chance to go to The Z Junkyard! The yard is in Imperial Missouri and is called "Z Works" it is amazing how many Z there are there, The owner has well over 50, 240z/260z/280z/280zx/300zx's on his lot, not to mention two barns full of early z parts (I got a '74-'78 Calandar clock today!) anyhoo here are some pictures, the lot is a little overgrown... over the summer its tick central!

100_3656.jpg

100_3661.jpg

100_3649.jpg

100_3648.jpg

100_3651.jpg

100_3657.jpg

-most these Z met their end by st. louis winters, super mega rust!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Found an old album with these in them.......

My very first 240Z that was creamed after after only three weeks. If I knew then what I know now I would have "liberated" some of the interior and front end....or at least bought it back. But when your a teenager that $4,000 insurance check looks to nice.

post-13312-141508064641_thumb.jpg

post-13312-1415080646473_thumb.jpg

Found an old album with these in them.......

My very first 240Z that was creamed after after only three weeks. If I knew then what I know now I would have "liberated" some of the interior and front end....or at least bought it back. But when your a teenager that $4,000 insurance check looks to nice.

Yeah, looks like there were a ton of good parts left on the car, Mally. The rear glass with vertical defroster also looks like it was still in good shape.

From the looks of the cars in the background (Volvo, BMW, etc), I would have thought the pictures were taken in Europe somewhere and not in Asia. In fact, I got these pics from this French Z-car website: http://240z.free.fr/index.php?/category/20 (It looks like they have pulled a few pics from this thread as well!)

No, it's from Malaysia. Here's the thread.

new Z owner from Malaysia... Hi All!

Talk about bringing one back from the grave!

• 2 weeks later...