IGNORED

Zx Distributer Swap Problems- Advice?!

bloxman

I'm gonna venture a guess and say that:

A) The moisture in the dizzy from sitting uncovered in a the junk yard, or...

B) It was caused by a leaking diaphram which created a vacuum condition inside the casing of the dizzy which pulled in the moist air which built up inside.

I think choice A is more likely since the heat of the engine would likley evaporate moisture trapped in there faster than it could accumulate, however I guess that depends on where you live.

. Also besides the dist from a ZX you also must have the ZX part the the dist bolts on to that bolts to the block . The 240 part will not work , you wont be able to set the timing properly. Gary

I think he shows that part in the picture on the right in post #9. I know when I got my ZX dizzy I had to go begging to find this part, finally found one someone would sell me for $10.

I bought a rebuilt 79 ZX dizzy for 135.00 with core this summer and it included the match box from my local parts house. I had to wait a couple of days for it but, even so, it was worth it to me. Its all new and all there.