Interesting White LED - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Interesting White LED

Featured Replies

Thanks, Dave, speaking for many of us in need of better gauge lighting, we appreciate your being the guinea pig! I have been looking into different ideas for gauge lighting and this seems like a good one! My order goes out this week!! :)

Dave I ordered them this morning. Thanks for sharing your research.

  • 2 weeks later...

I took a spare clock and drilled another LED socket opposite to the other bulb socket mounted in the factory location. I also had taken out the green lens so they match.The attachment does not do it justice but you can see the difference in the amount of light emitted. I don't have a spare speedo/tach to experiment on but I may try it when I have the dash out.

post-5894-14150799193165_thumb.png

post-5894-14150799193454_thumb.jpg

Having never even thought of replacing my gauge lighting, what is the model # of 240z bulbs? ba9? and how many is required to replace all of them?

I would love better lighting..

jackboxxx,

I could be wrong but I think there is 10 or 11 all together. They are bayonette bulbs. Like an 1156 single filiment but smaller.

Speedo has 1) high beam indicator 2) turn signal lights and 2?) regular illuminating bulbs = 10? could be 3 reg. bulbs. not sure yet.

Tach has 2?

1) each for the smaller 3 gauges

BA9 indicates a bayonette bulb and (9) indicates the 9mm size

now ya almost know........:pirate:

MRIZ,

which ones did ya order? the wide view or green leds?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I ordered the wide view white ones BA9s-w . They have a slight blue tint compared to the regular bulbs and looks better in my opinion. I just have to find a way to connect them so it dosn't look like a P.O. bastardized job.

The dash is out of one of my cars, and I just took a quick look. 11 total lamps. Speedo has 4, tach has 4, and each center guage has 1. I was trying to brighten my guages, so I disassembled each one and painted them the brightest white I could find. This solution would have been much easier. I think I am going to add these for the best results.

Anyone need some new bulbs out of the package?

I totaly agree with the "Looks better" opinion. After installing afew in the tach, it's much brighter, cleaner, slightly blue and definately more visable.

I've yet to install the others into the small gauges, but when I do, I'll remove the green plastic peice, to allow as much light as possible into each gauge.

Dave.

  • 6 months later...

Have the dash out and I am about ready to replace and repair all the gauges. Just wondering if removing the green plastic piece was a good result for the BA9s-x-WV Wide Angle bulb. Has anyone tried different colors? I was thinking blue with white faces give it that indiglo look.

I removed the green lense in one of my guages after installing the led lights. It was a little brighter, and there was a slight tint of blue but hardly noticable.

Brighter would be without the green caps.

Dave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.