IGNORED

Mikuni 50mm carbs for 240z

brushie1320022

A mechanic friend, that only works on Datuns/Nissans, and races the same told me that the Mikunis were easier to keep in balance and that they did not puke gas as much as Webbers.

Could just be his personal opinion. I have the Mikunis and never had any experience with the Webbers.

Anybody out there have a view to share?

I don't know about the balance etc... I always used Mikunis on my street Z as well as my race Z. I believe that they are probably preferred due to the fact that they originate in Japan and that Datsun Comp sold the Mikunis. I have a set of 50's not for sale and a set of 44's on original Datsun Comp Intake for sale. JLP

So is there any reason why Mikunis would be so much more expensive than Webers? Or is this particular price just out of whack with the market.

Mikuni PHH's are NLA and getting rarer by the minute

Mikuni PHH's are marque and period correct

Many Datsun/Nissan Enthusiast stand by the subjective view that Nissan engines just plain run better with Mikunis over Webers, Del Otoros, SK's etc. (I'm one of them).

Like Hitachi did with the SU's, Mikuni took the Solex design and made it better.

Want examples? Take a waltz through our galleries. Pay particular attention to the photos from the japanese shows. You'll see alot of PHH's and not many DCOE's. Alan has uploaded some beauties. They select them for the same reason they selected Nissans, They're beautiful, durable, pure performance.

Webers have about 5 times the adjustability of Mikunis. When properly tuned they should make more power than Mikunis. The problem is finding anyone who can get them into and keep them in tune. Mikunis are simpler and make tons of power up top where it counts for me, so I went that way.

The problem with the 50's is supposedly they don't run well at street friendly rpms. So you have to find someone building a 9000 rpm race motor and doesn't care about idling under 2000 and has to have a ton of money and not think that triple ITB injection is a better deal to buy these.

The problem with the 50's is supposedly they don't run well at street friendly rpms. So you have to find someone building a 9000 rpm race motor and doesn't care about idling under 2000 and has to have a ton of money and not think that triple ITB injection is a better deal to buy these.

Absolutley. The 50 mm PHH package, offered by Nissan was intended for the completely developed race engine with lots of head work and cam development. 44's on a fully preped street engine with have some low end issues.