IGNORED

Step lamp-in the parts book-not in the cars

hls30.com

I was leafing thropugh the Nissan parts bood, and notices that there is a door light called a "assy-harness step lamp".part number 24016-E4100, that I have not seen before. I see it applies through 7/73, but I have only evere seen them installed in one car, and I believe those were actually taken from a 280zx and installed.

Has anyone got a picture of the genuine article?

Thanks,

WIll

Hi Will,

My parts CD shows the assy-harness step lamp part number to be 24017-E4100. The part number for the step lamp is 26420-E4100. Part number 24016-E4100 is shown to be the harness for the room, or overhead light. I can possibly get my hands on one of these step lamps NOS, but have never seen one of these options on any US car. I am assuming, or guessing, these were optioned or original on JDM or Euro cars. I might get this light just to see what it looks like.

Dan

Hi Will,

My parts CD shows the assy-harness step lamp part number to be 24017-E4100. The part number for the step lamp is 26420-E4100. Part number 24016-E4100 is shown to be the harness for the room, or overhead light. I can possibly get my hands on one of these step lamps NOS, but have never seen one of these options on any US car. I am assuming, or guessing, these were optioned or original on JDM or Euro cars. I might get this light just to see what it looks like.

Dan

Dan,

Please chalk up the partnumber issue to reading the parts book to my son as a bed time story-if it isn't booring he will stay up longerand bed time was 8pm) in sunglasses(I had run out of contacts, and earlier in the day, my son had snatched my normal glasses off and thrown into a buisy street by-a story in its self...). Next time I pull a number from the parts book, I'll re check when the boy is asleep or post the page to avoid confusion and delay(Oh no-the Thomas the Tank syndrome...)

If you can get one please post some measured and detailed pictures, if you can get more, put me on the list behind Chris.

Will

I might be that we're talking about different courtesy light cutouts. The 2+2 door panels should be too long to fit the door.

Actually, the doors on an 2 seater and a 2+2 are the same size. That's not where the extra length is in the car. But, still, I stand corrected because I thought you were talking about cutouts visible from the outside of the door panel. Like the ones that 2+2's have for the door lock 'remote control'. I've actually seen non 2+2 cars with these door panels which, of course, would leave an open hole in that area.

Actually, the doors on an 2 seater and a 2+2 are the same size. That's not where the extra length is in the car. But, still, I stand corrected because I thought you were talking about cutouts visible from the outside of the door panel. Like the ones that 2+2's have for the door lock 'remote control'. I've actually seen non 2+2 cars with these door panels which, of course, would leave an open hole in that area.

Stephen,

I hate to tell you this, but I have shipped the doors from both, trust me, the doors from a 2+2 are longer-they use the same hinges and lock materials(for a given year) but are not interchangeable with the coupe, neither is the door glass, the stainless frames or the actuators...

I have a set of inner door panels, door glass and glas frames I can lay together for a picture tomorrow to show you.

If the doors were the same size, they and their parts would be as interchangeable as the seats from a 2+2 and a coupe(there is only one extra lever and one extra function on a 2+2 seat, but they will bolt up-where as the 2+2 door is larger than the opening for a 2 seater)

AS to the openings at the upper rear of the trim panel in a 2 seater-you got me!

Will