IGNORED

How long have you had your Z?

Walter Moore

One of my life's most unforgetable experiences was the day I picked up my 1/71 series 1 240Z from Thoroughbred Datsun's showroom floor in Tucson after it had been prepped for delivery. Sure wish I would have requested keeping those D hubcaps as the car was sold only with Aluminum mags.

It will be 36 years this coming March, 2007 that I have owned my Z, 36 years of pure enjoyment and memories.

Dan

hls30-20419 Original Owner

Dan,

I think we have discussed this previously but my friend "240ztt' is the proud owner of HLS30-20425 which is a 01/71 production still wearing what's left of its original silver paint.

Dan,

I think we have discussed this previously but my friend "240ztt' is the proud owner of HLS30-20425 which is a 01/71 production still wearing what's left of its original silver paint.

Thanks daddz. I purchased her from Mark Lambert President of the Maryland Z Club back in 1999. He purchased it from the original owner whose name slips my mind at the moment. She had typical wounds of an ex auto cross racer: hood pins holes, valence panel kill switch, right fender mirror, rear hatch tie down, spoiler and roll bar holes. No rust, solid body. I am currently building a L28ET with Ross Pistons, Pauter Rods, custom intake/exhaust manifolds and TEC 3. Once all the fabrication is completed with the engine I plan on painting her back to her original 901.

Here is a lousy photo of when I bought her circa 1999 and her current state:

post-3199-14150798848616_thumb.jpg

post-3199-14150798848852_thumb.jpg

2 years, 5 months, 14 days. In that time, I've discovered several "previous owner" issues and inherited a faulty/dying/hacked electrical system, incorrect carbs, and plenty of rust. But I still love my Z and wait for the day I have the chance to carry out all my plans to bring it back to life.

too long.

Something around 14 years.

Long enough to butcher a few repair jobs and put almost 200,000 miles on it.

With the rust damage and problems with frame rail sections not being lined up it may be enough on the work needed list for it to be getting near the end of its life span.