IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

Does anyone remember the movie "The Warriors". I think it came out in 1979. Well, when the Warriors are trying to get back to Coney Island, they have to go through some "turf" thats home to a gang called the Orphans. Before they fight the Orphans, it shows a few of the Warriors leaning up against a rotted out Z.

I've seen that movie a hundred times and that's the first time I've noticed it.

might have already been noted a few pages back, but in Jackie Chan's Rumble in the Bronx, in the motorbike race scene in the night where 2 people race bikes over a row of cars, the first car which the right hand rider uses to get up on is a green 240 or 260. She rides right up the bonnet and over the windscreen :(

• 8 months later...

Rather than start a new post on Z's in Television, I figured I resurect this one. Couldn't find this by doing a search, so I thought I'd mention that a red 240Z is one of the featured cars in an old McMillan & Wife from the 1970s. It is not a Series I car, so must be 1971 or later. However, I missed the first half of the show, but somehow when I saw the plot involved a car rally I remembered that a 240Z was in it. Can't believe the plot came flooding back considering the last time I saw that episode I was in junior high school in 1974. I tuned in just in time to see the car drive off the road and into a lake. The driver was trying to kill his wife and cover the crime by making it seem like someone was trying to use trickery to win the rally and the car collection. The car was red with a white 240Z sticker along the bottom of the door, etc. Other cars included Jag E-Type, Mercedes SL, MGTD (driven by Rock Hudson and TV wife Susan St. James). Got to love those old 1970s shows. Mystery Movies were some of my favorites w/ Columbo, McMillan & Wife, McCloud, etc. It was on the Hallmark Channel, I'll have to see if I can catch it from the beginning next time.

Just did a Google Search and here's a website with episode info:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-96/epid-60984

Funny, when I'm watching a movie or TV show from the 70's, I find myself loosing track of the show just to spot a Z car. :laugh: I yell for my husband, "Scott come here, I just saw a Z". Then we sit there for the next hour or so trying to see the Z again. :cheeky:

Vicky

yeah i remember jumpin up and down when i saw the z in that 70's show, it was the one where they went to the drive in. and that reminds my, there was a blue z in an episode of the coolest show ever, SEINFELD! it was only for a second though. it was parked infront of a house somwhere in the suburbs when jerry, elaine and george went to a party.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

Gavin mentioned that there was a Z in "Herbie goes to Monte Carlo" and last night I was watching the movie as I have not seen it in years. The Herbie movies were my favorite movies to watch when I was about 5-10yrs old. I was so excited when I saw the Z. I put the movie on pause and here is a picture of it. Besides the Z, there were some pretty serious race cars in that movie. It was not just botched together.

A few of the cars are listed here:

2- Lancia Stratos's. The red one had the original wheels and the dark blue one had the works rally wheels.

Porsche 911 RSR

Ford Pantera

Ferrari 365gtb

Ferrari 365 Daytona

...and many more that I missed.

Does anyone have information on the Z from this movie? Was it a famous race car in the 70's?

Ben :)

post-3738-1415079543338_thumb.jpg

Geez, I'd forgotten how "rustic" Laguna was back in the day. At one time there actually was a "laguna seca" (dry lake) in the middle of the track, or at least most of the time it was "seca". There were times when the mosquito's were quite thick in the in-field.

Still, I saw some of the greatest racing (IMO) there. Can-Am, IMSA, Trans-AM, Winston-West Stockers, Motorcycles, etc.